recommendation

littlevillage

I would just like you all to know that I've learned a lot on this site since getting my first chameleon. I work in a pet store who sells chameleons & pass on all the knowledge to those who are interested in buying a cham. I also recommend that they visit this web site because I'm always afriad that I might have forgotten something. Just want to give credit where credit i due.:)

I would just like you all to know that I've learned a lot on this site since getting my first chameleon. I work in a pet store who sells chameleons & pass on all the knowledge to those who are interested in buying a cham. I also recommend that they visit this web site because I'm always afriad that I might have forgotten something. Just want to give credit where credit i due.:)
Good Job. Glad to hear your sharing your knowledge with others, and pointing newbies in the right direction. :)

Too many pet stores are incredibly ignorant to proper cham husbandry glad to hear yours is one of the few who isn't.

Rocky is doing great. Thanks for asking. I wish he would eat more than he does but I guess I shouldn't compare him to my others under his circumstances. But, on the other hand he's climbing which is a huge improvement & he's in a big boy cage now.
I wish I could say that the pet store I work for is great with their reptiles, but their not. I'm the only worker there that has experience with chameleons. They do a lot of things that are wrong but I make sure to tell the customers when they are buying not to do what they do at the store. I send them to LLL. Reptile to buy a screen cage because we don't carry them at the store. I tell them not to use waterfalls or substrate. I send them next door to Lowes to buy real plants & tell them which ones are safe. I also have to send them elsewhere to buy calcium without D3 because we don't carry that either. I could get in a lot of trouble telling the customers all these things so I'm always watching over my shoulder to make sure no one is listening. They care more about the money than the animal & I care about the animal not the money. I've walked in these customers shoes & had a sales person tell me all the wrong things which resulted in a very sick animal & lots of vet bills. I refuse to do the same to them if I can help it.

You would do well to print out a small half page cheat sheet with that information and just stick it in their box/bag when they buy something chameleon related. If someone comes to the store to buy crickets and it's for a cham you KNOW they aren't informed or they'd be buying them by the 1,000's - good looking out!
smiley_thumbsup.gif

Thats great, I am so happy he has improved. I understand your frustration, the one I worked at wasn't great either but at least my boss was easy going. You are doing good work there and saving little ones.

This website is a real chameleon life saver. Many of us have scoured the internet looking for help in a time a crisis with our sick little friend. The forum, in my opinion, is the only reason my little veiled is the healthy and grumpy chameleon he is today. Thanks to all from Buddy and myself ;)

Back
Top Bottom