Receptive?

noahrofsky7

Established Member
Hello,

I have a juvenile female chameleon. 99% sure it’s female due to lack of spurs and vertical striping.

I know the age females become receptive, but am less aware of what that size looks like when they first start. I’m saying my chameleon is 4 months old right now. 6 inches from head to tail.

I feel like I’ve been noticing her being a bit fatter than usual. Is my chameleon starting to develop eggs or am I too worried? I haven’t seen any color changes, but I am at work most of the day and she hides when I come home

Here’s some photos

8E5B370A-BF20-44F3-BD93-B18CD8E1B80B.jpeg

11EF0F66-C432-4101-9AD0-7CE289A8261E.jpeg

Thanks

I don't see no signs of carrying eggs. But since she's four months. Might as well be prepared and get a lay bin in the enclosure, since the can lay as early as four months

Hi. :) Your pretty little girl will get even prettier when she becomes receptive. She’ll start showing some teal, yellow/orange and some patterns. Around the same time, she’ll become very restless. This lasts 1-2 weeks or so. This is the time that you’ll want to get your lay bin ready. Honestly, done right there’s no way you’ll be able to hang the weight of it. You’ll need at least a 12” long x 12” wide container and depth doesn’t matter as long as it’s enough for you to put around 6” deep of moistened washed play sand. You’ll need to make sure it’s moist enough to hold a tunnel without collapsing. This may help a bit.
6937689B-0FA7-48A1-9F18-DAC2E5B9F4A2.jpeg

Hi. :) Your pretty little girl will get even prettier when she becomes receptive. She’ll start showing some teal, yellow/orange and some patterns. Around the same time, she’ll become very restless. This lasts 1-2 weeks or so. This is the time that you’ll want to get your lay bin ready. Honestly, done right there’s no way you’ll be able to hang the weight of it. You’ll need at least a 12” long x 12” wide container and depth doesn’t matter as long as it’s enough for you to put around 6” deep of moistened washed play sand. You’ll need to make sure it’s moist enough to hold a tunnel without collapsing. This may help a bit.
View attachment 311139
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom