Rearing Enclosures

Canopy Chameleons

Established Member
What does everybody use for rearing enclosures? For this clutch I'm planning to use fish bowls with overhead heat and UV. I want to seperate them right when they hatch, so I'm going to need quite a few bowls I'm thinking. Does anyone have pictures of their hatchling setups?

-Jaz

Here's some of mine from 2 years ago...

BabyCageLineup.jpg

Last edited:
This is my setup for my hatchling (both Blue Eye Pygmies and Bearded Pygmies). I use a 20L container to keep them. I layered come paper towel at the bottom with some sticks and fake plant. 10 babies per container. Since pygmies lives in cooler temperature, I don't have a heat bulb for them, a flourescence light bulb is enough.

Fishbowl might be more expensive than plastic container.... I would suggest you go to local walmart or homedepot to search for suitable container before getting fishbowl.

Here is the setup for my hatchings!!
(plus you can more infomation about hatchling's setup on Chameleon News too)

http://www.chameleonnews.com/babyexperience.html

Attachments

• Baby Setup 01.jpg
    Baby Setup 01.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 189
  • Baby Setup 02.jpg
    Baby Setup 02.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 190
  • Baby Setup 03.jpg
    Baby Setup 03.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 240
hey tyler i really love your baby set up ! im gona have one almost like it but made from wood but keep up the good work!

This is my setup for my hatchling (both Blue Eye Pygmies and Bearded Pygmies). I use a 20L container to keep them. I layered come paper towel at the bottom with some sticks and fake plant. 10 babies per container. Since pygmies lives in cooler temperature, I don't have a heat bulb for them, a flourescence light bulb is enough.

Fishbowl might be more expensive than plastic container.... I would suggest you go to local walmart or homedepot to search for suitable container before getting fishbowl.

Here is the setup for my hatchings!!
(plus you can more infomation about hatchling's setup on Chameleon News too)

http://www.chameleonnews.com/babyexperience.html

i bought 4 of those same containers at walmart last week for $ 3.50 each

I think the common theme with all these setups is the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Silly). This is how I keep my pygmy babies which aren’t much different. Critter container, glued in screen top, river stones/plastic plants (not silk) for water droplets so they can get a drink, sticks from outside with bark removed, and reptile carpet. I offer a UV source and a bit of heat via 60w house bulbs to obtain the temps I want. I clean/disinfect the containers once a week.

If/when my carpet eggs hatch the setup will be the same just a bit larger.

3.JPG

-roo

I think the common theme with all these setups is the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Silly
-roo

Funny, I always went by the DIPSH*T principle (Don't Irritate & Please Stop Holding It... Thanks!). This theory has seemed to work for me. But to each his own LOL.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the replies. Those are some good looking enclosures, Tyler did you make them? Order them? Thanks for all the ideas, I'm starting to get a good idea now of what would work good for me.

-Jaz

Cute pic Jamie ... you need to submit that to cuteoverload.com ... errr ... not like I visit that site at all :rolleyes:

-roo

LOL, thanks guys! I love the pic too.. I took it during cage cleaning and if you look close you can see the water spots that were all over the lens! LOL, figures :rolleyes:

Haha, awww. What a cutie. Thanks so much for the pictures and ideas, I'll get my rearing enclosures mastered soon, hopefully. I was thinking too, what about using some kind of book shelf, with their little containers on the shelves, and their UV lighting on the underside of all the shelves... I'm been playing alot with this idea. Anybody tried it?

Back
Top Bottom