Really hating my Schefflera Plants. ><

My schefflera(s) do great, I like them best and so do my crew.
I lost my first batch of trees because I repotted them in strait organic top soil, since I added sand to the mix they all do better but the schefflera does the best.

I think it is most likely over watering/ poor drainage that is the OP's issue. I'd try the mix summoner suggested and if you mist alot maybe even cut out the extra watering (I don't normally water mine that get alot of misting.

I have about given up on live plants too. Tried to find fake ficus or anything and am having no luck. Tried walmart, home depot, lowes, hobby lobby and various other shops and cant find any that dont cost upwards of a 100 dollars. Where did you het yours?

:eek:

I gave up on live plants...I had the same problem, plus my chams loved to poop in them. I went with plastic and silks 2 years ago and I'm not pulling my hair out anymore over the dump plants. My cages are cleaner and look nice without a dying plant.

My hat is off to you guys who do well with live plants...

Thanks,
Nan

So. With that large so thought dying schefflera plant I have, isn't all dying, just one stalk of it died in a short amount of time, and when Darwin climbs around on the plant he pulls off the leaves. :eek: I am investing in a few plant lights. Thanks. I will be re-potting it on my next day off.

Pothos is my favorite and in my opinion the way to go... They are bushy, viney, have thick stems, and NEED lots of water, well they don't NEED it as often but they like lots of water. I water mine every day while the dripper is running and they love it. Another plus is that you can arrange their vines to go all over the cage. :D

I tried a umbrella plant and all the leaves fell off so I got rid of it and then I got a larger cage for my chameleon so I got 2 ficus 1 pothos 1 ctoton
inside my cage and I got a real nice double plant light and have not had any more trouble. I could not spend all that money and then
let them die,i spent 65 dollars on the light ,I did not think that was to bad and it look nice.So the plants are doing ok aqnd they get water
from the dripper.It puts out waterabout every hour for about 15 seconds my husband set it upso it could be a little longer.
Well good luck with your plants

My Schefs are doing fine in my cage...its the darn Gnats that I am fighting now. I purchased natrual soil and put a good inch of sand on top of it and they came right back after I did a real good root cleaning...thinking about going all fake but I like the look of the cage now not to...

Thinking about trying to get a ficus and see what happens but around my area they are hard to come by for the proper measurements to put it in the cage. At least with the Schefs you can cut them down and thin them out.
I noticed a gnat on mine yesterday. So u have alot? That must be pretty annoying

I have scheffleras because I can't find ficus right now. They are supposed to be watered well then allowed to dry out. Not very conducive to a dripper. I have to line the dripper up to a bowl most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom