Real plants?

MrTommy

What are the best real plant to use for my yemen chameleon(Tommy)?
And are good for him to climb on as well
+
Where can I buy them or order online in UK

Plants like ficus and umbrella plants (schefflera) are great climbing plants. Pothos (devil's ivy) are extremely hardy vines, these I like to hang from the top of the cage and let the vines grow downwards - not AS great to climb for a heavy chameleon but they can help fill in cover towards the top of the cage, and the big leaves are great to drink from.

These should be common enough to find in any good nursery, I would immagine.

Plants like ficus and umbrella plants (schefflera) are great climbing plants. Pothos (devil's ivy) are extremely hardy vines, these I like to hang from the top of the cage and let the vines grow downwards - not AS great to climb for a heavy chameleon but they can help fill in cover towards the top of the cage, and the big leaves are great to drink from.

I like all three of those as well. I prefer ficus thoufhr for climbing. I often put all three in one cage. Umbrella have kinda cuped leaves which are great for drinking chameleons. Ficus seems stronger.
Pothos to me are more of a.. cover plant if you will. I drape the vines around other branches to provide more security for them.

What cage do you use ? How do you hand the pothos on top of your cage don't they have do be in pots?
Thanks

What cage do you use ? How do you hand the pothos on top of your cage don't they have do be in pots?
Thanks

I use large screen cages for almost everyone. Yes, the pothos are in pots but it's very easy to hang them once you know how. I usually take a wooden dowel, for example, and cut it exactly the width of the cage frame (so in my case about 24") and lay it ontop, on the outside of the cage with both ends resting on the frame. Then I take heavy-weight fishing line, tie it around the pot, thread it through the top screen, and tie it to the dowel.

The weight will distribute into the frame, which can take the weight, and you won't ruin the screen in the process. I've had large pothos hanging like this for a long time now, they grow extra quickly being up by the light too.

Okay thanks ill take that in to consideration most likely give that ago when I get my bigger cage for tommy.

Back
Top Bottom