Ready to lay?

EMBO2021

Hi
Can you advise if Wally is ready to lay?
I think it’s a bit early unless she’s older than we think!
Gosh it’s all happening this week.
I am currently soaking up some coir in a Tupperware tub ready to put in as soon as the right texture.

Attachments

• AF2B4400-1DF4-46F7-A35A-A39717C38AC9.jpeg
    AF2B4400-1DF4-46F7-A35A-A39717C38AC9.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 71
Soaking pro rep cox brick. Cant get any play sand locally I will have to order online. So this is the best I can do for today.

Argos saved the day as Amazon wasn’t giving me delivery till end of next week! All done and in now. I made sure a tunnel would hold in it before putting it in.
You don’t have a store near you? When is it coming because you need it instead of what you are using :) Some chams will not use anything other than sand and some soil so as soon as you can get that the better

You don’t have a store near you? When is it coming because you need it instead of what you are using :) Some chams will not use anything other than sand and some soil so as soon as you can get that the better
There was none in the local hardware stores or toy shops! Everyone must be buying it to keep their kids occupied in lockdown!
But as I said - I then found some at the local Argos and sent hubby to collect.
Do you think it does look like she’s ready to lay from the photo?

There was none in the local hardware stores or toy shops! Everyone must be buying it to keep their kids occupied in lockdown!
But as I said - I then found some at the local Argos and sent hubby to collect.
Do you think it does look like she’s ready to lay from the photo?
There’s no way I can really tell but as long as you have the laying bin she should lay whenever she’s ready. Is it ok if I can see her entire cage?

There’s no way I can really tell but as long as you have the laying bin she should lay whenever she’s ready. Is it ok if I can see her entire cage?
Sure

Attachments

• 38837324-D5DC-4C0D-9AD2-76FE80215192.jpeg
    38837324-D5DC-4C0D-9AD2-76FE80215192.jpeg
    387.4 KB · Views: 60
  • CD748421-FBCA-40EB-8336-4DAD817846EF.jpeg
    CD748421-FBCA-40EB-8336-4DAD817846EF.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 64
I know it needs more height. I’ve ordered some more plants and have a trellis ready to go in there now I know she’ll come if the lamp cage willingly! And not get burned.

I know it needs more height. I’ve ordered some more plants and have a trellis ready to go in there now I know she’ll come if the lamp cage willingly! And not get burned.
I recommend getting a dome and placing it above. Can I see the top. Also needs more branches and foliage. There shouldn’t be bark it’s unnecessary a bare bottom is better.

I recommend getting a dome and placing it above. Can I see the top. Also needs more branches and foliage. There shouldn’t be bark it’s unnecessary a bare bottom is better.
I’ve been told that about that bark. There is a 1/3 there now (in that photo) of what there was prior to cleaning. Scientist here so changes need to be methodical and in stages so if she doesn’t like it, I know what she doesn’t like. Change too much at once and it’s an unknown if it goes wrong. Going to look at making the heat lamp external as she gets bigger so she’s got more room.
Waiting for plants that I ordered yesterday so they’ll go in once arrived and soaked properly. 👍

I’ve been told that about that bark. There is a 1/3 there now (in that photo) of what there was prior to cleaning. Scientist here so changes need to be methodical and in stages so if she doesn’t like it, I know what she doesn’t like. Change too much at once and it’s an unknown if it goes wrong. Going to look at making the heat lamp external as she gets bigger so she’s got more room.
Waiting for plants that I ordered yesterday so they’ll go in once arrived and soaked properly. 👍
I don’t think the bark is good and so do many others. Changing her cage in stages will likely cause more stress or at least I think it’d be better if you changed everything at once correctly. There should be nothing going wrong if you do it correctly but that’s just what I think. As for knowing what she does not like as long as everything is done right she should like everything and feel at home 🤷‍♀️

I don’t think the bark is good and so do many others. Changing her cage in stages will likely cause more stress or at least I think it’d be better if you changed everything at once correctly. There should be nothing going wrong if you do it correctly but that’s just what I think. As for knowing what she does not like as long as everything is done right she should like everything and feel at home 🤷‍♀️

I’m thinking maybe she was just looking a bit chunky yesterday. Here she is today

Attachments

• 58613101-6687-4208-8C88-E2609851DA2D.jpeg
    58613101-6687-4208-8C88-E2609851DA2D.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom