US Rbbb & ybbb female ambilobes rtb

salty dog

Chameleon Enthusiast
I had 3 female clutches, I’m now inundated with femles, lookin to send some to new branches, asking 75.00 + shipping for specific pictues of animals 916-477-7595 troy😁👍

Wouser, how many in each clutch? No boys at all? That's crazy.
My sambava clutch last September, just had 1 boy and 12 girls. N I thought that was super strange and abnormal. Nature.... in april, I had 3 clutches surprise hatch (well last 2 were) within 2 months, found myself w 54 babies. That got quite hectic, just the chase for pinhead n Flys is a full time job. Hehe. The youngest are now 1.5 months, much easier now. I am curious, for the sake of continuing pure, non inbreed strands, do you have any interest in trading a girl for a girl? Mine are skittle ambilobes.

Attachments

• 20220716_231329.jpg
    20220716_231329.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 67
If I remember right, it’s a pretty common thing with reptiles? Egg layers? some it’s high temp male low temp female, others it’s high or low temps can increase amount of females.

I’ve talked to some breeders that started 18 years ago, they said through the years they tried every temerature variant to get either majority males or females and temperature had no effect on the sex, just genetics, I’ve also tried, didn’t have any effect

My incubator was a mini fridge I turned into an incubator with heat tape and an inkbird thermostat regulator. Fluctuated between 74-75 for 9 months I did end up with more boys just a few then females but consistently on different breeding projects. I wish you the best and find what works for you the best females are important in breeding. Do you have lineage for them? Big factor in breeding

I use a monster mid size cooler a ice chest & smll wine fridge, I set wine fridge at diapause temps for 2 months then increased the temp, no difference, monster stays 75 no difference and cooler fluxs a little 2-3 degrees, I find no difference between all of them

Back
Top Bottom