Rate my setup please!

ChamOh

Established Member
Hi everyone, I am hoping some more experienced chamers can rate my setup :). I also threw in a pic of the setup and of the little one! Thanks!!

Chameleon Info:

* Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Panther, Male, 3 months, in my care for one week

* Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
haven't yet

* Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
"Small" crickets, approx 12 per day in the morning, gut loading crix with Zilla Cricket and Insect Food and providing them with water crystals.

* Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Reptical, Reptical w/ D3, Reptivite. Schedule from breeder which is a rotating schedule, which consists of two weeks. Week one: calcium, none, calcium, vitamins, calcium, none, calcium. Week Two: Vitamins, calcium, none, calcium, vitamins, calcium, none. Calcium w/ D3 is used instead of regular calcium once or twice a month.

* Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Drip ststem and misting. Mist two to three times per day. I used 1/2 of a water bottle which causes a humidity spike in the 70-80 percent range. I occasionally see him drinking. There is also a drainage system i built in to collect run off water--it's the jug below the cage. I wish I would see him drinking from the dripper--he occasionally goes to it like he wants to drink but just watches the drops fall--he lunges at each drop sometimes as if he wants to catch them, but they fall too fast. I'm trying to move it around to see it there he likes a location better, but not luck so far. I would have it drip right onto the plant, but I think It may drown the plant from water all the time. I use distilled water.

* Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
Brown and white. Consistency unknown. Not tested yet for bugs.

Cage Info:

* Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
screen 18x18x20

* Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
retisun 5.0 linear tube, 34 watt incandescent house bulb. 12 hrs on, 12 off.

* Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Floor is around 70 degrees, basking around 80, ambient around 70, over night around 67, top of cage is around 97. Using cheap temperature strip thing. and zoo med thermometer too.

* Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
room humidity is as bad as 20 percent. Cage stays around thirty when dry, after misting spikes up to 80 and stays humid. Back and 1/3 of sides of cage are enclosed with aquarium background that helps keep humidity in cage.

* Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? schefflera

* Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Bedroom, I do use an air purifier about 8 feet from cage that makes some upward airflow. Bottom of cage is about 3 ft off the ground.

* Location - Where are you geographically located? Eastern Pennsylvania.

Attachments

• DSCI0643.jpg
    DSCI0643.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCI0645.jpg
    DSCI0645.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 106
Back
Top Bottom