Rate my enclosure? :)

emilhayek

Established Member
Let me run through the specs real quick of the enclosure.

1. Repti-Breeze XL (Shower Curtain around the sides for better humidity)
2. Lucky Bamboo (Dracaena)
3. Braided Hibiscus Tree
4. Golden Pothos
5. 5.5 Inch dome with 65 watt flood light (Not producing enough heat so i’ll have to buy a higher wattage)
6. Arcadia 24inch fixture with 6% T5 bulb
7. Monsoon Solo with distilled water.
8. calcium without d3, calcium with d3 and herptivite
9. Flukers High calcium diet
10. Flukers Cricket Quencher

All plants have been cleaned and repotted with organic soil mix. Might end up putting another medium sized plant in the front ;)

If you have an suggestions or advice please let me know!! thank you all so much :)

Attachments

• 67FD89A2-5717-497A-814B-21541B715C32.jpeg
    67FD89A2-5717-497A-814B-21541B715C32.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 139
  • B017483E-4DD7-4601-B908-8594F74D4000.jpeg
    B017483E-4DD7-4601-B908-8594F74D4000.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 139
  • CDD7711C-056A-400A-93D0-2E9DAC70E70C.jpeg
    CDD7711C-056A-400A-93D0-2E9DAC70E70C.jpeg
    207.1 KB · Views: 107
  • C4F7B360-1398-4379-A086-9EF942B54895.jpeg
    C4F7B360-1398-4379-A086-9EF942B54895.jpeg
    225.2 KB · Views: 127
8/10 not enough dirt for my taste but that's okay.
LOVE TO SEE THE HIBISCUS so gorgeous! The live plants are 20/10
Just make sure the basking light is far enough up but you did say it's not producing enough heat so I trust your actions~

8/10 not enough dirt for my taste but that's okay.
LOVE TO SEE THE HIBISCUS so gorgeous! The live plants are 20/10
Just make sure the basking light is far enough up but you did say it's not producing enough heat so I trust your actions~
Yeah i used a temperature gun and it ran in the 70s so i’ll have to buy that bulb and i think i’m ready to go!!!

Let me run through the specs real quick of the enclosure.

1. Repti-Breeze XL (Shower Curtain around the sides for better humidity)
2. Lucky Bamboo (Dracaena)
3. Braided Hibiscus Tree
4. Golden Pothos
5. 5.5 Inch dome with 65 watt flood light (Not producing enough heat so i’ll have to buy a higher wattage)
6. Arcadia 24inch fixture with 6% T5 bulb
7. Monsoon Solo with distilled water.
8. calcium without d3, calcium with d3 and herptivite
9. Flukers High calcium diet
10. Flukers Cricket Quencher

All plants have been cleaned and repotted with organic soil mix. Might end up putting another medium sized plant in the front ;)

If you have an suggestions or advice please let me know!! thank you all so much :)

The enclosure looks great, the hibiscus is gorgeous! My only worry is if you are using Fluker's products to gutload. While they are good for cricket health, they do nothing for the health of chams. My personal favorites for gutload are collard greens, turnip greens, and carrots. @Gingero has a great video about gutloading where I found all of my information, you can find her and her chams on youtube under the name Neptune the Chameleon. I gutload my feeders by putting Cosmo's food in a small container with his gutload the night before I give it to him. This is so the bugs are filled with all the neccessary vitamins and nutrients.

The enclosure looks great, the hibiscus is gorgeous! My only worry is if you are using Fluker's products to gutload. While they are good for cricket health, they do nothing for the health of chams. My personal favorites for gutload are collard greens, turnip greens, and carrots. @Gingero has a great video about gutloading where I found all of my information, you can find her and her chams on youtube under the name Neptune the Chameleon. I gutload my feeders by putting Cosmo's food in a small container with his gutload the night before I give it to him. This is so the bugs are filled with all the neccessary vitamins and nutrients.
Gotcha, definitely going to buy greens for sure. maybe i’ll just use it as a last resort or something. I added some horizontal branches as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 80
so excited yet so scared!! it’s my first chameleon ever

Gotcha, definitely going to buy greens for sure. maybe i’ll just use it as a last resort or something. I added some horizontal branches as well.

Sounds perfect! Your cham is going to have a great home, the enclosure looks so beautiful! Best of luck!

Looks good. Hibiscus needs a lot of sunlight, so you may want to invest in a good plant light. Best way to check basking temps is with a digital thermometer with a probe. It may be higher than the heat gun shows. What kind of cham do you have and what are your humidity levels? Veileds should be at around 30-50% during the day. Panthers can be a little higher up to 50-70%. If you’ll be wanting to hang some plants, I suggest Dragon Strand dragon ledges. Or you could make a little scaffolding type frame attached to the enclosure frame.

Looks good. Hibiscus needs a lot of sunlight, so you may want to invest in a good plant light. Best way to check basking temps is with a digital thermometer with a probe. It may be higher than the heat gun shows. What kind of cham do you have and what are your humidity levels? Veileds should be at around 30-50% during the day. Panthers can be a little higher up to 50-70%. If you’ll be wanting to hang some plants, I suggest Dragon Strand dragon ledges. Or you could make a little scaffolding type frame attached to the enclosure frame.
What would be a good plant light(s)? I’m getting a Panther and i need to order my hygrometer!

That hibiscus will not do well unless you have some grow lights. They are very very high light plants.

Back
Top Bottom