Rarest Chameleon

for all of you in the trade, importer/exporter, or with a good knowledge in whats available, i am just curious to know.. what is the rarest chameleon species you can find in the trade to buy, and how much do they go for? could be mixed answers, but im just interested in what you guys might have to say

In captivity probably Tr.laterispinis, in the wild too. Tr.oweni is another very very rare one, at least in captivity
In the US nearly all Bradypodions and Calummas are extremely rare, here not :D

In captivity probably Tr.laterispinis, in the wild too. Tr.oweni is another very very rare one, at least in captivity
In the US nearly all Bradypodions and Calummas are extremely rare, here not :D

Tr. goetzei arent too abundant either. Its a shame there are no breeding pairs out there that I know of.

woah syn! look at those amazing transparent patterns, very beautiful clear coat locale i must say.

veiled and panther chameleons lol... i'm trying to be serious here guys, not funny! lol

Tr. goetzei arent too abundant either. Its a shame there are no breeding pairs out there that I know of.

That's true ! We dont have any here. Real rudis are not available in captivity and how can I forget them, eisentrautis too, and camerunensis. Those are rare in the wild too

woah syn! look at those amazing transparent patterns, very beautiful clear coat locale i must say.

veiled and panther chameleons lol... i'm trying to be serious here guys, not funny! lol
Sorry about that, just a bit of humor. It's hard to determine what is rare versus what isn't seen often in captivity without getting into numbers and whatnot.

rarest chameleons

Here's one that has basically disappeared from the hobby, which I wish had been established as CB before it disappeared: Brookesia peramata.

The invisible chameleon is the only true chameleon as they blend in with any environment and you cant see them. I have trouble making sure they are still in their cages until I see a cricket disappear!!!

Kinyongia xenorhina and carpenteri are rarely seen. Shipments of Xenorhina comes in come in every 8-10 years it seems. While Carpenteri from what I have read has only been imported a handful of time. Both are unbelievably difficult to keep as wild caught in captivity.

The invisible chameleons I have never seen.

Sorry about that, just a bit of humor. It's hard to determine what is rare versus what isn't seen often in captivity without getting into numbers and whatnot.

haha no worries syn, i hear you though, and no doubt everyone will have their own opinion without numbers.

Kinyongia xenorhina and carpenteri are rarely seen. Shipments of Xenorhina comes in come in every 8-10 years it seems. While Carpenteri from what I have read has only been imported a handful of time. Both are unbelievably difficult to keep as wild caught in captivity.

The invisible chameleons I have never seen.

every 8-10 years? that realy is incredible.

Back
Top Bottom