Random questions

Toothless the cham

Established Member
I know I have posted a lot lately. But I still have some questions that I feel like I need answers for. Question 1 is about how long after laying eggs does a female become receptive again. Question 2 is typically how old should have chameleons be before you breed it. Question 3 is what precautions do I have to take before my female starts laying her eggs. Question 4 is typically how many eggs will a female veiled chameleon lay. Question 5 is how do I know when my female chameleon is ready to lay. Question 6 is typically how long after becoming receptive will the female chameleons lay her eggs. In the final question 7 is if I did have a fertile clutch which I don't right now what would I have to have prepared for it. Thank you all in advance

If your trying to make money breeding veilds your in for a rude awakening.

Question 1 is about how long after laying eggs does a female become receptive again.
-All different but 1.5 - 2 months

Question 2 is typically how old should have chameleons be before you breed it.
-1 year

Question 3 is what precautions do I have to take before my female starts laying her eggs.
- only a complete working knowledge of the entire process and equipment/techniques to get her to lay on her own

Question 4 is typically how many eggs will a female veiled chameleon lay.
-health average clutch is ~40. The more you feed her the more eggs she will produce. This is a bad thing, laying is very taxing on the female body.

Question 5 is how do I know when my female chameleon is ready to lay.
-not interested in food, constant basking, restless, time at bottom of viv.

Question 6 is typically how long after becoming receptive will the female chameleons lay her eggs.
- 1.5-2.5 months

question 7 is if I did have a fertile clutch which I don't right now what would I have to have prepared for it.
- you will never make money breeding veilds. They are a dime a dozen. You need an ungodly volume of fruit flies and pinhead crickets, sups, UVBs, several cages. They will be fine housed together for the first month but after that some will begin to dominate/nip the others. They may need individual bibs before they hit the 3 month mark.

I know I have posted a lot lately. But I still have some questions that I feel like I need answers for. Question 1 is about how long after laying eggs does a female become receptive again. Question 2 is typically how old should have chameleons be before you breed it. Question 3 is what precautions do I have to take before my female starts laying her eggs. Question 4 is typically how many eggs will a female veiled chameleon lay. Question 5 is how do I know when my female chameleon is ready to lay. Question 6 is typically how long after becoming receptive will the female chameleons lay her eggs. In the final question 7 is if I did have a fertile clutch which I don't right now what would I have to have prepared for it. Thank you all in advance
Hey aren’t you like 12 years old? Been through a few different chams over the last year?

I know I’ve been pretty hard on you in the past but with good reason, these are living creatures.

I can’t stop you from breeding but if your going to do it, find a mentor. Someone who you can guide you through the whole process. Someone who will answer your texts at 2am.

Last edited:
Hey aren’t you like 12 years old? Been through a few different chams over the last year?
I am 13 now. My first female died. She never really ate or drank without being forced to. I know o should have taken her to the vet but no matter how much I pestered my dad he never made an appointment. I got a new female and have had her for a couple months now. I am still doing research on chameleons and will not stop. I want all that is wrong to be corrected. So I hope that answers your question.

I am 13 now. My first female died. She never really ate or drank without being forced to. I know o should have taken her to the vet but no matter how much I pestered my dad he never made an appointment. I got a new female and have had her for a couple months now. I am still doing research on chameleons and will not stop. I want all that is wrong to be corrected. So I hope that answers your question.
I’m not asking you to stop researching, that’s exactly what you should be doing if you want to do this some day. Knowledge is power. I considered removing my responses but I’m going to leave them up. I truly hope you wait until you have the means needed to do this right. I’m going to leave it at that.

I’m not asking you to stop researching, that’s exactly what you should be doing if you want to do this some day. Knowledge is power. I considered removing my responses but I’m going to leave them up. I truly hope you wait until you have the means needed to do this right. I’m going to leave it at that.
I didn't mean to say that you wanted me to stop researching. I was just trying to say I was researching to get my husbandry correct. I will research until I get everything I need to know. Either way I know you weren't trying to be rude. I will wait to breed too. I wasn't trying to breed for money only for the experience. I know I will not make much if not any profit. But with the forums to help I will know mostly what to do. I am not relying g completely on The forums but they seem to know more about chameleons than anywhere else.

I didn't mean to say that you wanted me to stop researching. I was just trying to say I was researching to get my husbandry correct. I will research until I get everything I need to know. Either way I know you weren't trying to be rude. I will wait to breed too. I wasn't trying to breed for money only for the experience. I know I will not make much if not any profit. But with the forums to help I will know mostly what to do. I am not relying g completely on The forums but they seem to know more about chameleons than anywhere else.
That is a very mature decision, thank you. Whenever you do decide to go for it, and you have the means, I would gladly help you with it.

Back
Top Bottom