Randall boy or girl 🦎

ChamRandal

Randall is almost three months old and we still have no idea if he is a she or a he? I’m guessing she and that makes her name very unique 🤣 thanks guys

Attachments

• IMG_2335.jpeg
    IMG_2335.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1959.jpeg
    IMG_1959.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1958.jpeg
    IMG_1958.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 15
I too agree that it's a boy, and like @janjan20 I think he looks much younger than 3 months old. I'd say he's probably more like maybe 1-2 months old. It's super important that everything in his care be as perfect as possible as the little ones are very fragile. If you want to make sure you've got everything is right, we're more than happy to help. You can start with posting pics of the entire enclosure, including lights and pics of supplements you use and how often for each. We can go from there. You could also answer the help questions found here. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

Congrats! 🎊🎉 I hope you have a great time with your cham. If you need any help just holler. What’s his name?
Here are some links if you need help with husbandry: Chameleon Academy ~ YouTube ~ Neptune The Chameleon ~ YouTube
Here are some links for food and supplies: Food ~ Food as well ~ Leap Supplies ~ Arcadia
And here is a link for some discounts: Neptune the Chameleon Discount
Enjoy your new chameleon!😊

It could take up to 2 weeks for a new chameleon to get settled into their new home. During that time you want to give your cham space, no handling, and you don’t really want he. To see you just staring at them. You want them to have a good first impression in their new home. I did this with my cham and he has settled in perfectly. Here are 2 video links that you should watch for when you get your new chameleon: Chameleon Academy Neptune the Chameleon

So adorable! I agree with @GrannyK, I think it’s a boy based off the first pic. He looks a little younger than 3months though…how long have you had him?
I got him/her approx 8 weeks ago and he was tiny like my finger nail so has grown fast and has shed twice already not exactly sure of the dob as he was not from a registered breeder

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 11
I got him/her approx 8 weeks ago and he was tiny like my finger nail so has grown fast and has shed twice already not exactly sure of the dob as he was not from a registered breeder

I too agree that it's a boy, and like @janjan20 I think he looks much younger than 3 months old. I'd say he's probably more like maybe 1-2 months old. It's super important that everything in his care be as perfect as possible as the little ones are very fragile. If you want to make sure you've got everything is right, we're more than happy to help. You can start with posting pics of the entire enclosure, including lights and pics of supplements you use and how often for each. We can go from there. You could also answer the help questions found here. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 12
We’ve had him for two months, I have a mister, uvb & uva lights heat lamp set to 30degrees but he is our first Cham and very young so I’m open to all advice you can load me up with ♥️🦎

Attachments

• IMG_1760.jpeg
    IMG_1760.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 13
Just from my experience with these little guys, I think you were possibly given a very very young chameleon. I’m thinking possibly a week or two old if not younger. So glad you found us here and it seems like Randal is doing well so good job!

When you get a moment please fill out this husbandry form. This will give us a better idea overall with your set up and help give Randal his best life. 😊
I believe another member posted some links to some great additional resources for chameleon care. I work weekends so I won’t be able to go over everything but there are many members here that can help when you get this filled out.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010

We’ve had him for two months, I have a mister, uvb & uva lights heat lamp set to 30degrees but he is our first Cham and very young so I’m open to all advice you can load me up with ♥️🦎
30 is a bit too warm for a tiny baby. you won't want his temp to exceed around 26. When he's a big handsome adult cham is when 30 would be perfect for him. Is that an Arcadia UVB light that I'm seeing? What strength is the bulb? 6% is the one needed. Regarding heat and lights, little ones like to walk upside down on the screen top and if your lights are sitting on the screen, they can too easily get burned. It's best to elevate the lights at least about 8-10 cm above the screen. I use cheap little wire baskets from the dollar store. Not pretty but they work well. With an all glass enclosure, you need to be vigilant not to overheat the little cutie. He will be needing a much larger enclosure as he grows. The standard minimum is 60x60x120cm. Regarding your supplements, does your calcium contain vitamin D3 or no? The easiest regimen is to use a phosphorus free calcium without D3 at every feeding except one every other week which you will use either Repashy Calcium Plus LoD or Reptile with D3. These products are a multivitamin and D3 combo and are excellent. If those aren't available to you, then you'll need a calcium with D3 to be used one feeding every other. week, say on the 1st and 15th of the month. You'll also need a good multivitamin to use one feeding every other week (alternating with the D3), like on the 7th and 28th of the month. I have to voice concern about the glass in the enclosure. My fear would be that little cutie could fall in and not be able to get himself back out. I need to leave the rest to everyone else to address as I'm going to sleep soon. 💗

Back
Top Bottom