RAINBOW JACKSONS CHAMELEON care

For your night time drop if you can get to 65 F reliably and use an ice filled fan it is doable. If your humidity tends to be low a cool mist humidifier gets me another degree or two drop. I keep the ice packs for use in the summer and just set them above the sleep spot on the cage top. I have so many now I'm having to just use the AC or open windows most of the year to get a decent drop.
If your comfortable sleeping under a bunch of blankets you could let your house drop down to 60 F in the winter and your veiled will like that too, Your family may not go for that but it will save money on heating.
I have a very hard time convincing my wife and my dog that 73 isn't already too cold.

27 degrees at the basking spot, 24-25 ambient temperature, 16 at night. No fans it draws humidity and chameleon avoids wind draft. Get a AC if you can.
This Arctic air contraption actually ads humidity. And my MISTKING will still be misting for 15-30 seconds every 2 hours.
I'll direct the actual breeze in a safe direction. I want to cold to circulate and drop.

Attachments

• 20210115_165637.jpg
    20210115_165637.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 72
Are you sure that's a boy? It might be the picture angle but I don't see any boy business under that tail.
I'm not a panther expert I'm sure others will know from a side view picture.

If he is 3 months old, then you would definitely be able to tell gender just by his colors. So most likely he’s a she
Edit: unless he’s a late bloomer
Thank you @ERKleRose for answering must must be annoying newby questions for me.
Thank you everyone.
As far as color, this is about it
I'm going back to that store tomorrow to trade HER for a larger, confirmed male.
At the shop owners invitation.

Attachments

• 20210116_170840.jpg
    20210116_170840.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Thank you @ERKleRose for answering must must be annoying newby questions for me.
Thank you everyone.
As far as color, this is about it
No, problem! Ask away, I’m always happy to help (as well as everyone else on here)! We’d rather you ask so you can correct anything if needed instead of not asking and waiting until something is wrong

No, problem! Ask away, I’m always happy to help (as well as everyone else on here)! We’d rather you ask so you can correct anything if needed instead of not asking and waiting until something is wrong
Itd suck to raise this female until it was obviously a female and my return option had ended!

Itd suck to raise this female until it was obviously a female and my return option had ended!
Well the care for panther genders is the same as babies. As they get older, females need lower basking temps, a lay bin, reduced feedings, and extra calcium when gravid and right after she lays, etc. As people have said, female panthers are very rewarding to keep! Time will tell with whatever gender you have

Back
Top Bottom