Rainbow jackson litter size question.

Jsvand5

My wild female had her babies today. She is relatively young and small. She is in a pretty large enclosure with a lot of plants. I managed to find 4 live babies and one that was either still born or failed to break through the sack. I looked pretty thoroughly but didn’t see any more. Of course I could easily be missing some. Is that small a number reasonable for what I assume is her first litter? Haven’t had much luck finding specific numbers on this type of Jackson’s I’m going to do another search tonight with a flashlight to try to be more certain

I would say anywhere from 6-20 is possible but around a dozen is the most common. Very young small females have smaller clutches. I don't breed mine until they are over a year and a half but in the wild or a ranch environment it occurs much younger.
One more question, do the generally have them all in one day or can they pass them over a longer time?

Outdoors in a heavily planted screen enclosure with a good amount of shade will work well especially with just a few in the cage.

Back
Top Bottom