Rabbit food for Dubias?

LoneBridger

I’ve ground up this rabbit food with dried apple orange and banana peels.

Is this good gutload? I also always give steady greens vegetables and occasional fruit.

I wouldn't use anything that is made for a completely different species as a gutload for the bugs I fed my chameleons. Reason being a rabbit is not a chameleon. They require different vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. This of course is my own opinion. But it's always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to chameleon husbandry

What dry food could I use other than high protein diet? I picked this out because it includes alfalfa along with other greens. But you are right about the vitamins I didn’t think about that. I’ll stick to dandelion, kale, and collards then

Well, just to play devil's advocate a little... rabbits would be eating the same things many insects would be feeding on. I agree though, a lot of supplements added. Once in a while should be fine, but probably not a good idea to use it constantly. You also want to avoid high protein anything with roaches. Including vegan sources. They store uric acid which in abundance may lead to gout and might not be great for the health of the roach either.

A lot of the huge supplement lists are probably not doing much for our animals. I like to add as much as I can, it's fun to play with nutrition, but a good variety of greens, some bee pollen, maybe spirulina and a handful of other things thrown in every so often should be more than enough.

Your gonna have to step your gutloading game up significantly if your not going to use a commercial gutload. Try to incorporate as many of these as you can.
I’m gonna upgrade to Repashy, it has bee pollen and quite a few things that’ll help. I’ll be making homemade with as many on this list in a blender with some gelatin. Pour into an ice tray and use the cubes.

Your gonna have to step your gutloading game up significantly if your not going to use a commercial gutload. Try to incorporate as many of these as you can.
Brody I am absolutely appalled that you changed your avatar without fair warning to everyone I was so caught off guard. @JoXie411 do you see this?? Absolute anarchy.

I just started using bug burger, in which I mix bee pollen right in while making it, and I swear my bugs dont even care about the fresh stuff in there. Pretty annoying tbh.

Brody I am absolutely appalled that you changed your avatar without fair warning to everyone I was so caught off guard. @JoXie411 do you see this?? Absolute anarchy.

I just started using bug burger, in which I mix bee pollen right in while making it, and I swear my bugs dont even care about the fresh stuff in there. Pretty annoying tbh.
I have to do one or the other. If I put in mixed and made bug burger or superload -- they will ONLY eat that. If I put in fresh veg and sprinkle a little pollen / superload on it dry they will eat everything.

I have to do one or the other. If I put in mixed and made bug burger or superload -- they will ONLY eat that. If I put in fresh veg and sprinkle a little pollen / superload on it dry they will eat everything.
Picky bugs

I’m going to follow up on this with an idea I have when I get home

Yes I seen I just scolded @KobaOregonherper for doing the same thing. These boys so rude

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom