R. nchisiensis questions

spadefish

I just got a pair of R. Acuminatus. They are seemingly healthy and the female appears to be receptive. It was supposed to be a 1.2 trio. However, instead, I got a male R. nchisiensis which as marked as a female acuminatus. Not sure how that could happen, but it did. So, now I have this itty bitty male who is sharing the 18x18x18 exo-terra with the acuminatus until I can get another enclosure tomorrow. Here is where my questions start: he seems totally oblivious to the acuminatus and they are oblivious to him. Can he stay in there with them without ill efect? They are all eating and drinking and doing their own things. Colors are good. I have zero experience with nchisiensis but do have a good bit of experience with others in the Rhampholeon genus.

Also, from my research, I understand that the locale for the nchisiensis is different than the acuminatus but still in the Eastern Arc region. Can someone give me a pointer to temps, etc? Most of the papers on these species are in German. I can do Spanish and maybe French, but German is out. Any and all suggestions would be most appreciated. PMs are fine as is email to [email protected] Thanks

Thanks! I don't know why this didn't come up in my google search.

I'd still like to hear about how others keep this species. You can never have too much information.

Hi there, I keep both these species in the same room so they have the exact same temps as each other, at the moment the ambient daytime is 23degrees & approx 17 at night Im in the UK so its quite warm at the moment. Im waiting for my Nchisiensis to lay at the moment she is keeping me waiting now been 7weeks. Im not sure about keeping them together but I would think it should be fine short term theyre not aggressive species as long as your viv is well planted Id think they should be ok. All the best with them Heatherxxx

Thanks, Heather. When I got home from work this afternoon, they were each doing their own thing. I misted and they drank. They managed to eat all the flies I put in there yesterday as well. The enclosure is an Exo-terra 18x18x18 and is well planted and has leaf litter and soil over a bed of ceramic balls for drainage. I also have a good bit of vertically growing moss (can't think of the name right now) which has a large surface area good for humidity and they apparently like to climb all over it.

Glad theyve settled in well, your viv sounds perfect for them.:) When I use the Exoterras I like to cover the sides in cork bark panels, they are preety expensive but look great & the chams love them, more climbing space for them. Heatherxxx

Back
Top Bottom