R.I.P Lola

dreamforthedead

Went to feed the crestie's tonight and found my female dead :( she was only 6months old. Was fine early on when i checked on her, i dunno what happened. I feel so bad, i know its not my fault but i still feel guilty. I only had her 3weeks :( it's such an awful feeling. Her mouth was wide open and she's pooped herself. :(:( She couldn't of choked or anything because i use paper towels for the floor and when i give live food i feed by hand. I'm proper confused! It's after two in the morning here but i cant sleep, this is the first time i've lost any of my reptiles its not a nice feeling. Even though i only had her 3weeks i was really attached to her im like that with all my pets. R.I.P Lola, im gonna miss you just sorry our time together was so short. :(

Ashleigh, I am so sorry. Losing any pet is hard, but reptiles seem to hurt more for some reason. Poor Lola, rest in peace sweetie.:(

Have you thought about getting a post mortem done on her? How is the other one that you got with her?

Ashleigh, I am so sorry. Losing any pet is hard, but reptiles seem to hurt more for some reason. Poor Lola, rest in peace sweetie.:(

Have you thought about getting a post mortem done on her? How is the other one that you got with her?

Hi Tiff i had to take her back to pets at home this morning cause i only had her 3weeks, they offered to give me another one but i said no cause i need to give her cage a good clean out seeing as i don't know what killed her im not risking putting another one there yet. The other one is doing great, putting weight on and getting big. Lola was a bit funny with food and i tried all different kinds of crestie food but she just never ate as much as her brother i put that down to the stress of being moved to a new home and then being put on her own. Now im thinking she could of been ill? Though she didn't look ill :s she was happily jumping about my hand yesterday then i find her dead. It was such a shock! I was thinking about getting a post mortem done on her but pets at home never give me her back. :( All the lizards had a check up at the vets last month but im gonna book them in for another one just to put my mind at rest can't let anything happen to them. I have live plants from her cage if i give them a good wash do you think they would be safe for Dylan? Actually ignore that im just gonna bin them, not risking anything.

Thanks every1 for your kind comments. The strange thing is it was 3months yesterday since i lost my grandmother now Lola died on that day. My brother said to me today that maybe our grandmother wanted a pet in heaven and took Lola, its cheesy but a nice thought. Cause my gran loved animals as much as i do.

Awww, Ashleigh - that's a nice thought abour your Nan though, she'll be taking ood care of Lola for you. I don't know if I could've taken one back to the shop. That was so brave! Seems a bit insensitive to offer another in it's place, but I know they guarantee them for a while and that is their policiy to replace them. Sadly, pets are irreplaceable, as I well know. I now have Amy and Tommy, but they cannot ever replace Lily - they are lovely in their own ways but they aren't her. I can see why you wouldn't want another from there - I think they should change their policy to give your money back or have a replacement so you can choose.

Awww, Ashleigh - that's a nice thought abour your Nan though, she'll be taking ood care of Lola for you. I don't know if I could've taken one back to the shop. That was so brave! Seems a bit insensitive to offer another in it's place, but I know they guarantee them for a while and that is their policiy to replace them. Sadly, pets are irreplaceable, as I well know. I now have Amy and Tommy, but they cannot ever replace Lily - they are lovely in their own ways but they aren't her. I can see why you wouldn't want another from there - I think they should change their policy to give your money back or have a replacement so you can choose.

That was part of the reason why i couldn't take another one there an then because i'd feel like i was replacing her just like that. :( To be honest the lass i spoke to on the phone was rather rude and the guy in the shop weren't very nice either, he said "i'll go get rid of it now". Which i thought was rather nasty, she was my pet. :( I wrote a care sheet out so the staff could see if id done anything wrong (the lass on the phone told me to) and they never even bothered looking at it. I know i did nothing wrong, i looked after her the same way i do with my other cresties only i hand fed her to try and get her to eat more. I don't want any other reptiles for now its to upsetting, i only had her that short time but i cried when i found her dead, it broke my heart.

Back
Top Bottom