R. brevicaudatus viv.

johnnyev

Recently set up this exo-terra for a group of brevs. Viv dimensions are 60cm x 45 x 45 (24"x18x18). Lighting is a 13w zoomed compact 5% uv.
Unfortunately i believe i have three males. Have had to house one of them on it's own as i think from watching them, that it was getting intimidated by the one pictured. As it's the smaller of the three i was a little worried it might get really stressed.
What are others opinions on it's sex, i'm pretty sure its male & the other two look pretty much the same.

Recently set up this exo-terra for a group of brevs. Viv dimensions are 60cm x 45 x 45 (24"x18x18). Lighting is a 13w zoomed compact 5% uv.
Unfortunately i believe i have three males. Have had to house one of them on it's own as i think from watching them, that it was getting intimidated by the one pictured. As it's the smaller of the three i was a little worried it might get really stressed.
What are others opinions on it's sex, i'm pretty sure its male & the other two look pretty much the same.

yes you 100% have a male. The viv looks great, however males can get VERY territorial, and I would NOT recommend housing more than one male in an enclosure. If your viv is large enough you could if it was heavily planted, however your viv in not large enough IMO to house more than one male. You could house one male and 1-2 females together.

If you could get a picture of all three of them and their tails, it will be easy to tell the sex of them.

Cheers all for replies.
Like i said im sure all three are males. I will house the other as soon as i set up another spare viv i have. Although these two don't seem to bother one another at all atm.

Took a pic of the other one this evening.
What's everyones opinions on sex of this one? This is the other one that's housed with the animal above. Both seem to ignore one another, not sure if that means much atm.

I still think male.

Have recently moved my pair into a taller exo-terra. Dimensions are:45x45x60cm high. Just a 5% uv compact zoomed bulb for lighting, plus natural sunlight (when it's sunny :)). Still need to add a couple more live plants, which i'm on the look out for atm.

Sorry for the poor pics... not sure what iv'e done to camera settings :eek:

Back
Top Bottom