Qustion about a stand, drain system and zap straps.

Xyres

Hey everyone, I am getting my first chameleon soon and I would like to give my cage a drain system. I see a lot of people using the wire racks from either hardware stores or wal-mart, would you consider this the simplest way to go if I wanted an easy to do drain system?

Also are zap straps a good thing to use when binding fake plants to vines? I plan to get live plants once I get my chameleons larger cage but ATM I am using fake. Should I be worried about the zap straps scratching my chameleon?

Thanks everyone.

hey try a plastic drawer tower. if you want to see it i have a post on the forums of it and a post on the drainage system thread it works great and is so cheap :)
oh and very easy by the way all you have to do is drill holes through the top of the tower and the bottom of the cage, but it might help to see how i did it you know.

hey try a plastic drawer tower. if you want to see it i have a post on the forums of it and a post on the drainage system thread it works great and is so cheap :)
oh and very easy by the way all you have to do is drill holes through the top of the tower and the bottom of the cage, but it might help to see how i did it you know.

That looks good! I may have to try something like that!

Does anyone have any opinions on the zap straps?

What are zap straps? Did you mean zip tie fasteners? If so they work great, especially if you can find small more flexible ones. A couple other options include trash bag twist ties or coated florists' wire.

Back
Top Bottom