Quick question

So Ares just shed within the last 2 weeks and he had a little dot left of shed on his head. I didn't mess with it as I figured it would come off on its own. But now I've noticed a circle type dry spot in the same vicinity and I'm not sure what it is. You can really only see it when the light hits a certain way . Any ideas what it is ?

(He HATES cameras😂)

Attachments

• 20210817_155756.jpg
    20210817_155756.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 85
  • 20210817_155741.jpg
    20210817_155741.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 20210817_155624.jpg
    20210817_155624.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 87
Looks like that spot just wasn’t ready to shed yet or it got wet and stuck.
Thank you for the feedback thats kinda what I was hoping too . He finished shedding just wasn't sure . Kinda felt dryer in that are too.

As they get older they tend to shed in pieces/patches/sections versus shedding everything all at once.
& interesting .. I actually watched your shedding video during this last shed and it was awesome ! Lol thanks. I was just making sure it wasn't like a burn or anything (even tho his lights are the right distances away).

Thank you for the feedback thats kinda what I was hoping too . He finished shedding just wasn't sure . Kinda felt dryer in that are too.
Yeah, that would be the old dry dead skin. If a piece gets stuck and they subsequently get misted, it can act like glue. If he'll tolerate it, you might try getting it with a swab, but it'll probably come off on its own with the next shed or sooner.

Yeah, that would be the old dry dead skin. If a piece gets stuck and they subsequently get misted, it can act like glue. If he'll tolerate it, you might try getting it with a swab, but it'll probably come off on its own with the next shed or sooner.
Ohh okay that would make sense. I'm glad to know it's nothing bad bc it kinda worried me at first lol .

It might be the scale over the parietal eye...so I would be careful...just me.
& wow really? Just curious but what's the parietal eye ? Guessing like the phrase "3rd eye" .. but I had no clue Chams had such thing!

Ohh okay that would make sense. I'm glad to know it's nothing bad bc it kinda worried me at first lol .

& wow really? Just curious but what's the parietal eye ? Guessing like the phrase "3rd eye" .. but I had no clue Chams had such thing!
Most lizards (and other animals, excepting mammals) are believed to have parietal eyes. ( Wikipedia )

The Parietal "Eye" ( anapsid.org )

Parietal eye of the lizard: neuronal photoresponses and feedback from the pineal gland. (nih.gov )

...and the archives:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/search/1327350/?q=parietal+eye&c[title_only]=1&o=relevance

Back
Top Bottom