Quick question

Char333p

Avid Member
Hey, my cham is currently in middle of shed, at work right now so if needed I'll give care info later but when he usually sleeps he goes a pale green and during day bright blues n dark blues hes nosy faly 1 year 3 month old. Since the shed which is taking few days which i know is normal the older they get

but he hasn't been going pale when he sleeps he keeps his vibrant patterns past few nights, is that unusual?

I know that they turn their " Happy Colors" when they sleep, and the patterns change when they get older. So maybe those are his new adult colors?

What are your night time temps? Have they changed recently?

it could be that he’s shedding and uncomfortable but chams go lighter colours at night conserve energy and to help retain heat. If the room is warmer they don’t have to get as light coloured.

Temps have been consistent no major changes, if anything few degrees cooler hmm ok so here's two pics... the close up one is his usual sleeping colors n the bad photo is now and past few nights. You can see how hes darker. Also kinda odd he never usually sleeps up top. I was surprised to fine him up there

Attachments

• 20191018_210839.jpg
    20191018_210839.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20191018-211308_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20191018-211308_Samsung Internet.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 138
Oh and this is him week or two ago during daytime for comparison

Attachments

• 20190424_182102.jpg
    20190424_182102.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 20190424_182114.jpg
    20190424_182114.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 110
So his colours are different when sleeping and he's changed where he sleeps in the cage by moving higher and the temperature may be cooler at night? Only at night??

Have you changed anything in the room that he could see?
Could be that he's cooler so staying darker to try to warm up?

So his colours are different when sleeping and he's changed where he sleeps in the cage by moving higher and the temperature may be cooler at night? Only at night??

Have you changed anything in the room that he could see?
Could be that he's cooler so staying darker to try to warm up?

Nope everything in the room is the same, he is in a very low traffic room. he's never seemed to fear anything inanimate. Where he decides to sleep isn't too much a concern its not first time I've seen him sleep in odd spots, just more so his coloration. Which what I'm gathering could be a temp thing? conserving heat by staying darker?

Well I'm going to keep a eye on the temp the next few days and add some added heat at night and see how that goes. His shed is taking an unusually long time. Going on 3 days but its def progressing. usually the day I see his spine turn white it spreads so quickly and its off that same day. Im gonna have to up his mistings to help it along... any other recommendations to help speed is shed?

Last edited:
His shed is taking an unusually long time. Going on 3 days but its def progressing. usually the day I see his spine turn white it spreads so quickly and its off that same day. Im gonna have to up his mistings to help it along... any other recommendations to help speed is shed?

Chameleons are dry shedders, so increasing mistings will do more harm than good. Just give him time. I wouldn't get concerned unless it's been over a week and he's still not done.

Back
Top Bottom