Quick question regarding shedding

Shaunny

Hi guys so little Trevor has started his first shed whilst on my care and he is acting a bit weird where he is hanging upside down on the mesh right under the UV strip I'm guessing this is normal and won't hurt him?

Him shedding has nothing to do with him hanging upside down.

either your uvb bulb is old, or, he simply likes to hang upside down.

lol the bulb is a week old so he must like it. he has stopped now he has shedded. i didn't realise they shed so quick it all too about 3-4 hours

My chameleon sometimes climbs around the top to get closer to the mister for his shed. Maybe yours was trying to do that?

i dont have a mister all he was doing is walking back and forth along where the uv lays. he has stopped now and not seen him do it. he has also finished shedding so maybe it was that and being close to the uv helped it come of quicker.....who knows

This is something I was thinking too! Whenever my chameleon is shedding he either hangs out all day on the branch right below the UVB strip light, or will crawl on the top under the UVB. Maybe the general color, or something about it to them helps them shed?
i dont have a mister all he was doing is walking back and forth along where the uv lays. he has stopped now and not seen him do it. he has also finished shedding so maybe it was that and being close to the uv helped it come of quicker.....who knows

Back
Top Bottom