Quick question about lights

Hello all - I have a young Jackson's who is doing well (minus a few trips to the exotic vet to take care of an RI - yes, I got him from petco and have many regrets about supporting them). I just upgraded him to a 2x2x4' zoomed reptibreeze enclosure, it has become clear he needs a bigger UVB light setup as well. I foolishly ordered just the bulb, and now need to order the fixture. Here is a picture of it. I am struggling to find a 22" fixture for this online? Anyone know what I might be misunderstanding here, or could link me to something that would work for this?

Hello all - I have a young Jackson's who is doing well (minus a few trips to the exotic vet to take care of an RI - yes, I got him from petco and have many regrets about supporting them). I just upgraded him to a 2x2x4' zoomed reptibreeze enclosure, it has become clear he needs a bigger UVB light setup as well. I foolishly ordered just the bulb, and now need to order the fixture. Here is a picture of it. I am struggling to find a 22" fixture for this online? Anyone know what I might be misunderstanding here, or could link me to something that would work for this?

Attachments

• 43A0A46C-4CF2-45CB-847B-BEC4B8E87828.jpeg
    43A0A46C-4CF2-45CB-847B-BEC4B8E87828.jpeg
    248 KB · Views: 86
Yup. 24" fixture.

Most of the T5 HO fixtures sold today are from the same factory in China.
All made by Shenzen Sunlight Lighting Co. (OEM) and all are virtually identical.
1618240919804.png

• Arcadia Pro T5
  • Biodude T5HO
  • Carolina Custom Cages T5HO
  • Hydrofarm "Jumpstart"
  • Sunblaster T5HO Nanotech
  • Vivarium T5
  • and Others
So shop for price.

hey ya'll so i have had the very light and fixture recommended here , basically since right after this. all going well - just wanted to double check, should I upgrade to a double fixture, or does it not make a big difference? just wondering because sometimes i find myself moving the light around to make it be more directly above him just in case hes not getting enough. i could be overthinking it though

hey ya'll so i have had the very light and fixture recommended here , basically since right after this. all going well - just wanted to double check, should I upgrade to a double fixture, or does it not make a big difference? just wondering because sometimes i find myself moving the light around to make it be more directly above him just in case hes not getting enough. i could be overthinking it though
So with the 24 inch fixture and 5.0 bulb you just have to make sure there are basking branches that are 8-9 inches below the lighting. I would not move it around. They get used to where their lights are. As long as your branches are correct and below then the cham will self regulate the exposure time it spends there.

You could always pick up another fixture for plant lighting. If you got the vivarium electronics those typically come with the 6500k daylight bulb which is what you use for plants.

So with the 24 inch fixture and 5.0 bulb you just have to make sure there are basking branches that are 8-9 inches below the lighting. I would not move it around. They get used to where their lights are. As long as your branches are correct and below then the cham will self regulate the exposure time it spends there.

You could always pick up another fixture for plant lighting. If you got the vivarium electronics those typically come with the 6500k daylight bulb which is what you use for plants.
Awesome, so I'll keep with what I've got. branches are placed right, i just need to stop moving them around the lights. I got them both from viv electronics and they're both 24" (the grow light and the uvb). thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom