quick question about housing

hart8000

I have two veileds, one is about 3 months old, the other is about a year and a half old that I bought from a guy who neglected her. I want to build a cage out of some chrome strorage shelves. I would like to build one cage that can be controlled from one light set up, misting, etc. Then build a seperater like 2/3 top to bottom, then they would be in the same tank, but seperated. Is this good, bad indifferent?

why only have the seperator 2/3 and not full? Sounds like problems eventually for me, my 3 1/2 month old veiled cruises his WHOLE cage and if he saw an opening he would go for it. Plus its recommended not to let your chams see eachother as it can and will stress them out.

What are they in now? You can always build/buy two cages put them next to each other with a piece of cardboard inbetween them so they cant see eachtoerh, get one long UVB tube, 2 aluminium lights with 40-60W house bulbs and cal it a day. That takes away the chance of

indeed babies WILL find the openeing and then you will have one full adult cham. Chams are known to be canabalistic!:eek::eek: Jordan got it spot on, I dont knwo where you are from but go to LLL Reptile (site sponsor) and you can find all the supplies you need to house both of them safely.

i think they may have meant from the top to the bottom (full length) and instead of making it an equal half and half enclosure there would be a slightly narrower side for young cham and wider side for adult.
correct me if i am wrong though

i think they may have meant from the top to the bottom (full length) and instead of making it an equal half and half enclosure there would be a slightly narrower side for young cham and wider side for adult.
correct me if i am wrong though

No that is exactly what I dit, in fact I made the smaller side about 1/3 the width and only 2/3 the hieght. So it really is only the top right corner for the little cham.

indeed babies WILL find the openeing and then you will have one full adult cham. Chams are known to be canabalistic!:eek::eek: Jordan got it spot on, I dont knwo where you are from but go to LLL Reptile (site sponsor) and you can find all the supplies you need to house both of them safely.

What do you mean by going to lll reptile? is that a website or what.

Back
Top Bottom