Questions on a Jackson

dezyyybabee1466

Hello everyone I'm interested in getting a Jackson Chameleon but want to do some research first what kind of lights do they use? & what should they're temps be? how often would i dust? I've been reading on the internet but kinda getting a little confused lol but any help would be awesome thnx:)

This is what I know. This applies to veileds so I'm assuming it would apply to Jacksons. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong...

I. Cage
A. Lights
1. UVB (Reptisun 5.0 18" Linear Tube)
2. Basking Bulb (Regular bulb to get basking zone to 80F for juvenile)
B. Supplements
1. You're going to want to have three supplements. A Calcium without D3, a calcium with D3 and a Multivitamin. Use the Calcium W/o D3 every weekday, the calcium With D3 on Sat. and the Multivitamin once a month.
C. Temperature
A. Temps should be 80F in basking zone for juvenile and about 73ish ambient.

This is what I know. This applies to veileds so I'm assuming it would apply to Jacksons. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong...

I. Cage
A. Lights
1. UVB (Reptisun 5.0 18" Linear Tube)
2. Basking Bulb (Regular bulb to get basking zone to 80F for juvenile)
B. Supplements
1. You're going to want to have three supplements. A Calcium without D3, a calcium with D3 and a Multivitamin. Use the Calcium W/o D3 every weekday, the calcium With D3 on Sat. and the Multivitamin once a month.
C. Temperature
A. Temps should be 80F in basking zone for juvenile and about 73ish ambient.

I will correct you.
Please do not post husbandry for a lowland species with the assumption that it will be acceptable for a montane species.
It is not.
Temperatures are too hot.
Jackson's are very sensitive to supplementation ... completely different schedule required.

-Brad

i use cal without d3 no more than 3 days a week, i use with d3 once a week at most in the winter, and at the most, once every 2 weeks during the summer. i use a multivite with proformed A about every 6-8 weeks and i substitute with a multivite with preformed vitamin A about every 6 months. when i do dust, i dust ultra sparingly. if my current supply ever runs out, i will probably change my supplementation. i use 35watt halogen basking bulbs. jmo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom