questions about weight/sneezing

chastity

seeing as this is our first cham (we have various other reptiles and amphibians) i'm not used to anything they do. i swear he stresses me out more than anything. :rolleyes: i'm constantly checking the humidity/temp & just watching him to make sure he's doing okay. the other day i heard him sneeze(maybe? sounded like a sneeze to me) and saw that he had a little bit of white stuff around one nostril. this was early in the morning & i haven't heard it since. he hasn't shed since we got him and he eats like a monster. i also haven't seen him drink but he does have a dripper and he gets misted a couple times a day and i allow it to dry out before doing it again. i take him out by the window every other day or so, trying to get him used to me. is that noise normal?

the other question i have is his weight. he eats well and look well to me except for the fact that i see his ribs sometimes. i'll attach pictures so you know what i'm talking about(including one of his cage). he's a juvie so he's pretty small still even though he looks huge from some of the pictures. i think i'm more attached to him than my husband and it was his idea. :p

Attachments

• IMG_1123.jpg
    IMG_1123.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1121.jpg
    IMG_1121.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1115.jpg
    IMG_1115.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1105.jpg
    IMG_1105.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0986.jpg
    IMG_0986.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 103
Looks nice and chubby to me! He looks a healthy weight to be honest :)

The sneezing you heard was most definitely sneezing! They do that to get rid of excess sodium, that's the white stuff you saw around his nose.

Your cage looks good! Only thing I would suggest is buying like a small fake vine for more foliage at the top.

I assume you're keeping him in a small cage for now?

Looks nice and chubby to me! He looks a healthy weight to be honest :)

The sneezing you heard was most definitely sneezing! They do that to get rid of excess sodium, that's the white stuff you saw around his nose.

Your cage looks good! Only thing I would suggest is buying like a small fake vine for more foliage at the top.

I assume you're keeping him in a small cage for now?

he's in the 18x18x36 reptibreeze right now. i guess it does look extra small in the picture. haha. we're not sure if we will free range or if we'll make him a custom enclosure as he gets larger. trying to find a good large ficus for the house so he can come out and spend time without me having to hold him and carry him around everywhere.

he's in the 18x18x36 reptibreeze right now. i guess it does look extra small in the picture. haha. we're not sure if we will free range or if we'll make him a custom enclosure as he gets larger. trying to find a good large ficus for the house so he can come out and spend time without me having to hold him and carry him around everywhere.

You'll want to get one of these bad boys when he hits around 6-8 months old

http://www.diycages.com/15201/15243.html

extremely durable, don't rust, have cool little hinges and bottom openings and are a lot more bang for your buck rather than any cage you'll see going for up to 200$ at petco or whatever. These are sturdier and cheaper.

Free ranging is good either way!

a lot of nurseries have ficus around 3-4 foot tall or taller (or even smaller), they are very common plants for inside.

Do keep in mind that after around a week in your house, the ficus will drop most of its leaves due to the environment change but the leaves grow back really quickly if watered well.

Back
Top Bottom