questions about silkworm eggs

cosmic charlie

Established Member
Maybe the people who are using them as staple feeders can help me here. I want to start varying the chams diet more. I have always intended to use silkies.

my question is, how many eggs should I start with? I want to have them year around. Plus I am feeding only two panthers at the moment and some young pygmies. how many should I take out of the fridge if i ordered say 200?

Should I take out like 50 at a time? I have a large amount of 3" diameter petri dishes at home.

Would like to hear advice or how other people raise their silks

Thanks

Mel

Maybe the people who are using them as staple feeders can help me here. I want to start varying the chams diet more. I have always intended to use silkies.

my question is, how many eggs should I start with? I want to have them year around. Plus I am feeding only two panthers at the moment and some young pygmies. how many should I take out of the fridge if i ordered say 200?

Should I take out like 50 at a time? I have a large amount of 3" diameter petri dishes at home.

Would like to hear advice or how other people raise their silks

Thanks

Mel

Not all eggs will hatch at once, if you dont' control them the certain way. WIth 50 eggs, they will probably take 2-3 days spread to hatch and you will have staggard growth.. I would hatch 100 at a time.. esp if you have babies to feed too!

Back
Top Bottom