question

reptilegod324

1st- I have a veild from juli and im building him a cage in my wood shop class that is 3ft wide 2ft deep and 4 1/2 tall Im going to be done with it in a month or so. Should i wait till hes older to put him in it or will he be ok?

2nd- Whats the best way to post pix on here?

i put mine in a cage that size at about 6 months old when i bought them and they were fine . im sure u cud put them in younger as long as they can find the food.

im not sure about the pics m8

If hes as big as some of the other males produced from that clutch im sure he'll be fine. Especially in a month when your done with it, he'll be ready.

Zac,

I am assuming that you are acquiring a baby. If so, you'll want to keep him in a small enclosure for the first few months. The cage you described is for an adult. If the enclosure is too large, the chameleon will have a difficult time finding food.

On a side note, make sure you use adequate screening for the cage you are building. I had a customer build a custom cage only to find out that the crickets could crawl right through the screen.

Hope this helps.

Vince
Screameleons

Leon, his Dad happily went into the "big boy cage" 24X24X48 at 4.5 months of age. These guys being so huge-sounds like by the time that you are done with the cage he will be ready! :)

As far as pictures, I download to Photobucket, then copy and past the IMG line! Can't wait to see more pics!

Back
Top Bottom