Question on plants

Hi I know putting live plants as opposed to artificial has its benefits and I have been planning out how to set up my cage before getting my first cham. My question is are there any suitable plants that be used for perching or the "horizontal branches" I was planning on getting a pothos and an umbrella plant for my enclosure but neither of these seem to have suitable perches but more of just cover and foliage as well as holding humidity.

Hi I know putting live plants as opposed to artificial has its benefits and I have been planning out how to set up my cage before getting my first cham. My question is are there any suitable plants that be used for perching or the "horizontal branches" I was planning on getting a pothos and an umbrella plant for my enclosure but neither of these seem to have suitable perches but more of just cover and foliage as well as holding humidity.

They can easily support the weight or a cham, just purchase a mature one thats around 2-3 ft tall and properly prune it to fit your enclosure. Just don't prune to much you want to keep the humidity high and create hiding spots for your Cham. As for horizontal branches you can hit glue them in or use fishing line to secure them. I use bamboo that's just a little bit to Lon horizontally and just bend it a bit and place it, the tension holds the chams weight and I have a full grown veiled who sits on them and have never had one budge

It's a lot easier if you just go get your own branches and cut them about 25" (if you cage is 24") then either bake them in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes or you can wash them off in the bathtub. This is to make sure there are no insects or pesticides on them. Then you can attach them horizontally. Also be careful when you prune some of the plants because they will leak out a sap that can cause irritation to your chameleon.

Back
Top Bottom