question on clamp lamp

tryme

hey all. Was wondering if someone could help me out? I'm looking to buy a new dome fitting for my basking light and wanted to know if the clamp lamp was any good and if it was possible to sit it on the top of my aluminium screen enclosure or does it have like a metal guard thing around the bottom of the actual dome?

Its fine to put right on top. Just check your temps in the basking area. Personally i just buy the $5 aluminum domes from homedepot. Some people feel they dont hold up as well but i havent had that experience.

I wish we had home depot here in the uk lol. I'll have to check my local hardware stores! Thanks

Its fine to put right on top. Just check your temps in the basking area. Personally i just buy the $5 aluminum domes from homedepot. Some people feel they dont hold up as well but i havent had that experience.

I use the same. The only problem I have ever had is that the metal part would not screw on to the actual light (thing? if that made any sense) still usable for most cages. Keep in mind that is one out of probably around twenty I have bought total.

Back
Top Bottom