question about Veiled bulbs!

KAM3LiiON

LLL reptile says a 100 wat merc vap bulb and a 100 wat red bulb for at night? is this true? im thinking about starting a veiled.

That seems excessive. I only need a 60watt for appropriate heating for my veiled. And no red light or any light should be used at night. The wattage determines how hot it will be, so you may have to do some trial and error to see what works best in your setup. Here is more information on setting up appropriate lighting: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/lighting/.

You need two lights over your enclosure essentially: a UVB light and a basking light. You can add something like a grow light for plants, but it's not necessary. I have a 60w white bulb for basking and my UVB light, and that's all. Keeps my temps just right with my house's ambient temperature. :)

It depends on what your humidity is. I live in a dry climate so I have to use both sometimes (the humidifier was on intervals). But if your humidity can be maintained with just the randome then that might be all you need.

Back
Top Bottom