question about uvb light

wendymileon

I have a question about my UVB T8 fluorescent bulb? I have had my bulb for about 3 months and it is still working but it dose look like is is getting a little dull. I know how important the UVB light is so I want to know how long should I keep it before I replace it like I said it still works but Im wondering how good. Does anybody know how long they last?

Most of us change out our bulbs every 6 months or so. We recommend using the Reptisun 5.0 tube. do not know much about the t8 but if you are going to replace, I would go with the Reptisun.

Most of us change out our bulbs every 6 months or so. We recommend using the Reptisun 5.0 tube. do not know much about the t8 but if you are going to replace, I would go with the Reptisun.

T8 just refers to the diameter of the bulb, the size if you will.

I have only had my bulb for about 4 months and it seems to be kind of soon for me to have to get a new bulb. When I got everything for my cage I bought the slimline tropical fixture and it had a tropical 25uvb t8 fluorescent bulb I think the brand name is Zilla.

ah, thanks for the info!!! I thought I read on here it was a type of bulb made by Zilla!! Learn something everyday!!!

Yep no problem, I believe the Zilla bulbs are: 25Tropical, and 50Desert.

-And to the OP, I agree with Carol, the most prefered bulb is the reptisun 5.0 if you are not already using it and changed every 6 months. Although I've also heard they are good up to a year, and it is the reptiglo that NEED changed every 6 months. I'd just go with the 6 month rule to be on the safe side.

I have only had my bulb for about 4 months and it seems to be kind of soon for me to have to get a new bulb. When I got everything for my cage I bought the slimline tropical fixture and it had a tropical 25uvb t8 fluorescent bulb I think the brand name is Zilla.

This was a thread, and has been a thread previously. I would recommend ordering a reptisun 5.0, I have heard nothing good about Zilla bulbs, and they may in fact be dangerous to your chameleon.

here is an example thread on them: https://www.chameleonforums.com/zilla-hood-no-good-52490/

-Post #10 by Dave Weldon is specifically informative.

Back
Top Bottom