Question about Reptisun 5.0

NOP

I recently got my Reptisun 5.0 tube light from and was just wondering if well my baby Cham is 2-4 months old and spends most of his time sitting literally directly under the uvb bulbs i had a reptiglo 2.0 and a 5.0 bolth compact lights but they were just replaced by the reptisun 5.0 tube and he spends his time at the highest point in the cage only about 1inch from the top and directly under the uvb light and i am just wondering if that isnt healthy for him? (yes i have a heat bulb its a 50watt house bulb that keeps it around 84 within 6 inch from the light thats where the therm is anyway)

Looks like a little veiled in the picture. Try to raise the light up a few inches off the top of the cage.

yes it is a young Veiled Chameleon, and i take it since you are suggesting i raise it the light a bit that it isnt good to have him sit right under it?

yes it is a young Veiled Chameleon, and i take it since you are suggesting i raise it the light a bit that it isnt good to have him sit right under it?

He should be ok sitting under it be I would lower the branch or raise the light. 6inches is usually a good distance.

Back
Top Bottom