question about live plants

whysoez420

do i just dig out some of the original soil and resoil with organic soil then put rocks over top? or is the organic soil safe enough for my cham. also what is the safest way to wash the leafs of the plant, just warm water? thanks in advance for any help.

do i just dig out some of the original soil and resoil with organic soil then put rocks over top? or is the organic soil safe enough for my cham. also what is the safest way to wash the leafs of the plant, just warm water? thanks in advance for any help.

Basically, repot the plant in soil that does not have a lot of perlite (the little gray light weight crumbly chunks. Or, if it does have perlite you can always remove it from the top layer of soil. For some reason some chams are attracted to this stuff and eat it. I don't know if it really matters if the soil is organic or not, but you don't want soil that has a lot of artificial ingredients like systemic pesticides or fertilizer. Safer to feed the plants yourself periodically with a liquid type. Yes, put rocks on the surface. You can hose the plant down or put it in the shower and rub the leaves lightly. You want to remove any sprayed on pesticides or fertilizers the nursery might have used.

Back
Top Bottom