Question about feeding?

Little Hat

Hi Everyone,

I have a 8 month old panther Chameleon and follow the following feeding schedule:

Monday: 8-10 crickets - Rep Cal
Tuesday: 8-10 crickets - Herptivite
Wednesday: 4 wax worms - Minerall Supp
Thursday: Sames as Monday
Friday: Same as Tuesday
Saturday: Same as Wednesday
Sunday: 8-10 Crickets - No Supplements

I was wondering, am I over supplementing? Also, I was reading that if your Chameleon grows to fast that its bones will be brittle, does it seem like I'm over feeding? Charlie, my chameleon eats everything up, leaves nothing behind. Thanks everyone!

The only thing I would cut back on are the wax worms. You can feed those on occasion but not twice a week. If you want an alternative try horn worms or silk worms. Both are much better alternative to wax worms which are just full of fat.

What kind of repcal and minerall are you using?

Generally a multivitamin is only used once or twice a month, not twice a week.

Also, make sure that you're only giving your cham calcium w/ D3 in it a couple of times a month. As Pssh said, they only need the multi-vitamins once or twice a month as well. Light dusing with NON D3 calcium the rest of the time.

The only thing I would cut back on are the wax worms. You can feed those on occasion but not twice a week. If you want an alternative try horn worms or silk worms. Both are much better alternative to wax worms which are just full of fat.

or butterworms or superworms or indian walking sticks, etc.
You can start to reduce the quantities soon as well.

and ditto the supplementing questions

or butterworms or superworms or indian walking sticks, etc.
You can start to reduce the quantities soon as well.

and ditto the supplementing questions

Should I reduce the quantities of crickets or feeding days? Does butterworms or superworms have the hard shell that could lead to impaction if you don't monitor your chameleon chewing the whole worm?

Also, make sure that you're only giving your cham calcium w/ D3 in it a couple of times a month. As Pssh said, they only need the multi-vitamins once or twice a month as well. Light dusing with NON D3 calcium the rest of the time.

I give Charlie Rep-Cal Calcium with VIT D3, Rep-Cal Herptivite and Miner-All (O).

Should I give the Rep-Cal Calcium with D3 once a week, Mineral-All (0) once every other week and the Herptivite twice a week? Also, should I give the Rep-Cal Calcium without D3 once a week when I'm not giving Calcium withD3?

Should I give the Rep-Cal Calcium with D3 once a week, Mineral-All (0) once every other week and the Herptivite twice a week? Also, should I give the Rep-Cal Calcium without D3 once a week when I'm not giving Calcium withD3?

Calcium with D3 and Herptivite should only be used twice a month.

The simplest way to lay it out is

Monday - Calcium NO d3
Tuesday - Calcium NO d3
Wednesday - Calcium NO d3
Thursday - Calcium NO d3
Friday - Calcium NO d3
Saturday - Nothing
Sunday - Alternate Calcium WITH D3 / Herptivite / Mineral-all O

Back
Top Bottom