Question about chams sleeping if i decide to put chameleon in my bedroom

aimhigher38

Im planning to put my Jackson or my Johnstoni chameleons in my bedroom... Im planning to have him use to the light schedule 10am - 10pm... I will have the light shut off at 10pm so i can still watch him for a few hours after i get off work... The problem is that i usually watch tv in my bedroom until about 2-2:30 am everyday or so.... Will the light and the sound from my tv affect him and his sleeping..? Or will he just get used to it and just fall asleep when the enclosure lights turn off.?

Or should i put a bedsheet over the whole enclosure ? But then a bed sheet isnt too thick and light will most likely still be seen right through...and theres still the noise from the tv...

And if i do use the bedsheet method will the keep in too much heat or restrict the amount of airflow into his enclosure.?.... And since Summer will be coming soon, the bed sheet might also make it too hot and stuffy inside..?

Suggestions?... I dont want my chameleon to become an insomniac like myself and not get enough rest.

Put him in a different room, the constant flashing lights will most likely disturb him while hes trying to sleep. If you cant put him in another room maybe put his cage where the lights from the tv dont directly flash on it, or a couple of black pillow cases/sheets may do the trick.

Edit...I just noticed you have a pic of a johnstoni in your avatar. Is this the "jacksons" you are referring to?

Put him in a different room, the constant flashing lights will most likely disturb him while hes trying to sleep. If you cant put him in another room maybe put his cage where the lights from the tv dont directly flash on it, or a couple of black pillow cases/sheets may do the trick.

Edit...I just noticed you have a pic of a johnstoni in your avatar. Is this the "jacksons" you are referring to?

The tv isnt really in front of the enclosure but now im wondering about my night stand lamp near my bed that will most likely be on while im watching tv.... I can cover 3 sides of the enclosure with a bath curtain which will also help keep the humidity in and possibily keep most of the light out at night but how about the front of his enclosure?

Are you referring to the cham in your avatar pic?

Yes, i am.... I have a room with most of my chams but i kinda ran out of room in that room . I kinda wanted a chameleon that i can enjoy in my bedroom.... My cham room also tends to get a lot hot in there due to all lights so i figure my bed room may be a lil cooler

I can put my Jacksonii Willengenesis instead of the johnstoni as well

You originally were asking about your jacksons chameleon. I was asking if you are referring to the cham in your avatar pic as a jacksons chameleon? Or do you know that it is a johnstoni?

You originally were asking about your jacksons chameleon. I was asking if you are referring to the cham in your avatar pic as a jacksons chameleon? Or do you know that it is a johnstoni?

I have been debating if i want to put my Jackson or my Johnstoni in my room.... Both requirement are very similar with lower temps and higher humidity so i figure the answers i get from members should work for either chameleon if i decide to do this

I just noticed ur "edits"... I didnt see them earlier.... I also edited my beginning post

One of reason to move one into my room is cuz my bedroom will have lower temps compared to my chameleon room

I would put the jacksons in your room if one has to go in there. The johnstoni should get as much privacy as possible being that they are so rarely seen in the hobby anymore, he needs the least amount of stress possibly, which also means little to no handling.

I would put the jacksons in your room if one has to go in there. The johnstoni should get as much privacy as possible being that they are so rarely seen in the hobby anymore, he needs the least amount of stress possibly, which also means little to no handling.

Thats a good idea and good point ... Thanks for ur suggestions..... The Johnstoni is captive bred ...even tho i do not handle him often he doesnt seem to mind it much

I don't know about jacksons but my panther sleeps just fine with lights in the bedroom on. The enclosure lights turn off at 7pm and i see him pass out right away under a leaf.

I don't know about jacksons but my panther sleeps just fine with lights in the bedroom on. The enclosure lights turn off at 7pm and i see him pass out right away under a leaf.

One of my panther chameleon is the same way....once the lights go out in his enclosure , he goes to sleep almost immediately

Back
Top Bottom