Question about age vs food intake

Hey everyone....

So I was misinformed about Loki's age when I got him. They told me he was older then he was. I have had him since Oct of last year at which time I believe he was roughly 6-8 weeks old. So based on that he is now around 8.5-9 months old.

Is he old enough now to be fed every second day? I ask because normally before work in the morning I put his crickets in and it seems like he has slowed down on his intake as I am finding a few left overs in the evening when before I never saw any. Some days he is on them as soon as I dump them on his ledge and other days he looks at them like "meh". I have tried offering other feeders and the results were as follows

Super worm: Ate two once and then was like NOPE
Hornworms: OMG WHAT THE HELL IS THAT GET IT AWAY BEFORE I TOTALLY LOSE MY CRAP (like litterly, he looks like he is hyperventilating until I remove them)
Dubai's: Loves them but I have a hard time feeding them because he is in a glass terrarium and refuses to cupfeed or hand feed and so the damn things end up falling to the bottom and then he ignores them. A few times he will eat them as soon as I drop them on the ledge but its few and far between and those suckers are fast.

So is he old enough now for me to just feed him every other day? Since he doesn't seem interested everyday anyways....thanks :)

Hey everyone....

So I was misinformed about Loki's age when I got him. They told me he was older then he was. I have had him since Oct of last year at which time I believe he was roughly 6-8 weeks old. So based on that he is now around 8.5-9 months old.

Is he old enough now to be fed every second day? I ask because normally before work in the morning I put his crickets in and it seems like he has slowed down on his intake as I am finding a few left overs in the evening when before I never saw any. Some days he is on them as soon as I dump them on his ledge and other days he looks at them like "meh". I have tried offering other feeders and the results were as follows

Super worm: Ate two once and then was like NOPE
Hornworms: OMG WHAT THE HELL IS THAT GET IT AWAY BEFORE I TOTALLY LOSE MY CRAP (like litterly, he looks like he is hyperventilating until I remove them)
Dubai's: Loves them but I have a hard time feeding them because he is in a glass terrarium and refuses to cupfeed or hand feed and so the damn things end up falling to the bottom and then he ignores them. A few times he will eat them as soon as I drop them on the ledge but its few and far between and those suckers are fast.

So is he old enough now for me to just feed him every other day? Since he doesn't seem interested everyday anyways....thanks :)

Try feeding him normally one day and offering just a small snack the next.

If he's getting picky when offered food every day, then I'd say he's probably ready to be fed less often.

To help with the cup feeding, a little tough love might be in order. It's amazing how quickly being hungry will help a cham go check out the cup and figure out that the food is always in there ;)

-Jen

Back
Top Bottom