Quality of ZooMed Products

jajeanpierre

Chameleon Enthusiast
I am so frustrated with the ZooMed products I have bought. The quality control is so bad, I have to question if their UVB lights even give off any UVB.

I've bought two big Reptibreeze cages. Both were missing the short screws to install the hinges. I ended up using the long screws anyway because I needed the enclosure and, of course, pierced the frame so there is a rough piece of metal at the door hinge, just waiting to bite my finger.

I didn't need the second enclosure, planning to use it as an outdoor cage so didn't finish putting it together, leaving the door off. Last weekend I finally got around to putting the door on with the shorter screws I was sent. Lo and behold, one hinge wasn't manufactured properly and one of two pop rivets on one hinge is broken. Two hinges and only three out of four pop rivets holding it on.

Two Reptibreeze cages, three problems.

Yesterday bought a small Reptibreeze to use as another outdoor sunning cage. It is still in the box. I wonder what problems it is going to have.

I also bought three banks of their terrarium hoods. They have a 14" UVB HO tube plus a bank of LED lights. I finally took the third one out of the box only to find the plastic covering the LED lights is broken. Neither the outer box nor the inner box has any damage, so it was packed broken.

The light banks weren't cheap, either, somewhere around $130 to $150 each.

I'm really ticked off and really angry with myself for buying yet a third Reptibreeze cage. It happened to be in the store, it was there, so I just picked it up. Maybe I should return it unopened and order from another manufacturer.

Almost every "big-ticket" item I have bought for the chameleons has had a problem. I've never had so many issues buying things.

I have over 30 Reptibreeze cages: never had any issues or parts missing. I have 9 36" Dual Aqualamp fixtures that use Reptisuns: no issues again. From people who I know did have issues, they were issued complete replacements, and able to keep original product. As for screws, you should not be using og ones anyway. Get stainless screws, ROOKIE. :D

Last edited:
Get ZooMed your thoughts. I have found their incandescent bulbs to be poor and fail quickly but most of the cages seem to be just like everyone else's. I can't say for sure as I bought the couple I have years ago and don't use them much anymore. I have six cages inbound from DragonStrand, I liked the last ones I bought and need some intermediate housing. Most of the screen cages are light due to construction materials I have had a number damaged in shipping over the years, it doesn't take much.

So if you don't get satisfaction from ZooMed you can always try other vendors, plenty of them are site sponsors.

Update:

ZooMed is replacing the damaged panels, even the panels I damaged myself because they didn't ship the correct-length screws for the hings and I desperately needed the cage and used the long screws.

The store I bought the lights from (Reptile Pets Direct) will switch the broken light bank for another today.

The small Reptibreeze i bought has all its parts, nothing damaged. Whew.

They stood behind their products and responded immediately, so really I have no complaints.

Back
Top Bottom