Quad keepers ?

The green one :D Though I have absolutely no experience sexing these guys (correctly anyways,) I will say male.

I like the mantid in the back.

i know that mantis. i was feeding thai's today to my cham.

sorry no clue on the sexing.

oh they are so cute ! im trying to think of a chameleon breed to get next i like the horned chameleons but still not sure

Steve based on the marking I would say it is female. I find if the marking connects to form a sort of circle on top then it is female. Not a fool proof system, but we were only wrong on 1 out of nine. Called a male a female.

Steve based on the marking I would say it is female. I find if the marking connects to form a sort of circle on top then it is female. Not a fool proof system, but we were only wrong on 1 out of nine. Called a male a female.

I would've guessed female based on the strong likeness to Harry's (warpdrive) 'Jane' .
Remarkable species either way. Do males at that age not exhibit the crests, along the back/tail?

https://www.chameleonforums.com/heres-jane-54680/

Thanks for the feedback Laurie, and Jo. I know I'll know sex, as they get older, but trying to get it right now so I know what to get (other quad keepers) to who later.

I was going to say male from the intensity of the white coloring on the sides. However I have not worked with the species in a long time and if if a current keeper and breeder says female like Laurie then most likely listen to Lauries opinion.

I was going to say male from the intensity of the white coloring on the sides. However I have not worked with the species in a long time and if if a current keeper and breeder says female like Laurie then most likely listen to Lauries opinion.

From my experience, the band that runs diagonally is indicative of a male. Females tend to have a "saddle" type marking rather than a full cross body band. Is this the same individual you posted on FB on couple of weeks ago? :)

For the benefit of the forum, Ive included a few images for reference...

Female
dsc_7201.jpg

Female
dsc_7272.jpg

Male
dsc_7675.jpg

Cheers!

Luis

Back
Top Bottom