Pygmys hatching?

chameleoman

Avid Member
Hey everyone I'm not sure if my pygmy's are hatching so i thought id ask you guys. All 4 eggs have been doing great and are nice and white. They were all laid on march 26th i checked them today and one shrank a lot compared to the other ones and has a slight dent in it. Is this a sign of hatching? I also have one that has a big "window" in it. Any info is appreciated!

I don't personally have experience with chameleon eggs, but from what I have read, a very sudden dent generally doesn't mean a dead egg. If you say it is moving places I would imagine that the little bugger inside might be getting ready to hatch. Don't take my word for it though! I would just google search "signs of a chameleon egg hatching" or something along those lines.

I don't personally have experience with chameleon eggs, but from what I have read, a very sudden dent generally doesn't mean a dead egg. If you say it is moving places I would imagine that the little bugger inside might be getting ready to hatch. Don't take my word for it though! I would just google search "signs of a chameleon egg hatching" or something along those lines.

ive been looking for an hour! :eek: signs of hatching: windowing in eggs, shrinking, sweating (not really common in pygmy eggs)

I'm just worried cause it looks like hes having trouble I'm leaving it alone unless told by an experienced person to help out.

Well do you have a nose peeking out this morning? Once the eggs shrink it's usually within 24 hours that they hatch. I never saw sweating of pygmy eggs so the best indication was the sudden shrink. If it were me I would probably give it more time before cutting into it because cutting can harm the baby inside. They're so very tiny and take up the entire space inside the egg so it's easy to cut too deep. And even though they're in eggs they have a surprisingly accurate ability to wait until daylight hours to hatch. It would be disastrous for a pyg baby to emerge at night in the wild.

i saw video on youtube that showed you the sighns of a chameleon egg hatching and how to get it out. go on youtube and type in "how to hatch a chameleon egg" and it should pop up. if you cant find the video, heres how :Dhatch! (btw this is all coming from the video);). get on some latex gloves on and take the egg and poke a tiny hole in the middle, being VERY carful not to touch the baby with the needle, then very carfuly mist the egg. next, try and pull from both ways with you thumb to get the egg break open a little more. if that dosnt work, poke one or two more holes right next to the first so they over lap and try to pull it apart again, trying not to squeeze the baby. lightly mist the egg a little more once you have it broken. next, take the sides of the egg with your thumbs and pull them away from the baby. the baby will be curled up, so mist it VERY lightly until it starts moving around your hand. next, put the baby in its new home. there you have it! the baby is born! those things could be ready to hatch any day now, mabey even today! so keep an eye out for more shtinking because that would meen they are deffinetly readt to hatch!:D

awwwwwww im sorry to hear.:( did you use my hatching thing?
btw again sooooooooo sorry about the little guy:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

awwwwwww im sorry to hear.:( did you use my hatching thing?
btw again sooooooooo sorry about the little guy:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I think I killed him when i got him out of the egg, the tongue was out and he was unresponsive i had him in my hands and we wasn't moving i lightly misted him and still no movement I think I might have killed him. I feel like such a jerk, couldn't even give the little guy a chance of life.

Back
Top Bottom