Pygmy Supplement question?

Fool

I have a 5.0 bulb for my pygmy and the place I get her food gut loads her feeders with protein and calcium. So with this in mine does she need calcium supplementation since she is small, and some people say they don't need lights because they are ground dwellers, but I have one anyways? If I do need to give her calcium supplementation how often? That included d3 calcium and multi vitamin, im guessing like d3 and herpative once every two months maybe?

Thanks for the help.

i just recently got a trio of pygmies and did and am still doing TONS of research. What i have learned is lighting is complicated when trying to get a definitive answer (is there really such a thing?) I went with a used reptisun 5.0 for lighting. As for your question, i came to the conclusion that i was not going to dust my feeders for them at all and get serious about gut loading!! so no supplements, but very well gutloaded feeders!

For lighting I have used a used ReptiGlo 5.0, or a new 2.0 (linear, not coil).
I dust with Calcium (no D3) once per week, Calcium with D3 once per month, Reptivite (multi vitamin) every couple or three months (about every 10 weeks).

For lighting I have used a used ReptiGlo 5.0, or a new 2.0 (linear, not coil).
I dust with Calcium (no D3) once per week, Calcium with D3 once per month, Reptivite (multi vitamin) every couple or three months (about every 10 weeks).

That's pretty much what I do as well!

You need to gutload or she will not get the nutrition she needs. I dust all crickets/flies/roaches with calcium without d3. This needs to be very lightly done (as it should be with any chameleon.) I dust with d3 and a multivitamin once every 4-6 weeks. There is no reason they should get calcium less often than any other chameleon.

You need to gutload or she will not get the nutrition she needs. I dust all crickets/flies/roaches with calcium without d3. This needs to be very lightly done (as it should be with any chameleon.) I dust with d3 and a multivitamin once every 4-6 weeks. There is no reason they should get calcium less often than any other chameleon.

I was thinking because she is smaller her body dosen't need as much as a veiled because pygmy's are smaller so their bones are smaller maybe they don't need as much was my logic.

No, they don't need as much because they are smaller, but they should still get it just as often. Obviously you won't use a pinch as big as for 10 large crickets, but she still needs it like any other chameleons.

Back
Top Bottom