Pygmy Questions

teacherspet

i am considering getting some pygmys but I have some questions about enclosure etc..

1) I wanted to get one for a class pet but I was told Chammies stress very easily...
2) How many gallons would you need for 1 pygmy? (can u have just one) I have a 8 gallon tank.
3)Is there a list posted talking about all supplies needed.

i do not want to rush in to these things hence that is why I am researching and talking to people first. I have had reptiles before, not Chammies so I need some honest opinions. I just recently rescued an iguana who now has a great home. I did not have the space for an iggie but she is very happy, but i have always wanted a Chammie.

Pygmies are one of the few chameleons that actually do better in colonies. I would say you could have 3 in an 8 gallon tank. They need a setup with lots of hiding places and mist them twice a day. If you have any questions I would talk to Mike at FLChams (www.flchams.com)...he is an expert on pygmies.

-chris

i wouldnt say they do better in colonies... some guidelines to owning these guys that ive heard that seems to be working for me is 10gal/pygmy. 8gal doesnt seem to bad for one. U might be able to get away with a male and a female if ur lucky. What would be a neat little thing for a classroom is having a female ready to lay and just incubate the eggs =P

Back
Top Bottom