Pygmy chameleon white spots on head?

Mikael

Male brevicaudatus age unknown size about 2 1/2 inches
Handled twice since I got them ( last Wednesday)
Feeding crickets dusted 2 times a week with repashy plus then I will do some d3 dusting and multivitamin too
Water 3 times a day
Fecal : can't find any poop
History wc from lllreptiles

Cage 20 gal long
Getting zoo med 5.0 cfl
Temps about 70-73
Humidity 70-80
Live plants pothos and a vine kind of plant
Placement in bathroom with no extra scents like cologne or perfume just the nice humidity of a shower
Located vancouver bc canada

He has little white dots on his head and he has changed a little lighter in color is he about to shed?
And should I get calcium with no d3 or can I just use repashy clacium plus, calcium with d3 and multivitamin?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 182
Thanks and he almost seems a bit less inactive like when I picked him up he wouldn't open his eyes but he still had a very strong grip

Gutted just gutted as he just passed away looks almost like he had a prolapse cause his thingy is sticking out I didn't do anything wrong just one day he started acting weird and then yeah but I don't blame myself as they were wild caught. :(

Really sorry to hear that Mikael, but one of the downsides to keeping pygmies i'm afraid. Lost a few myself, so know how you feel.
As you say only to be expected to some degree, as most are WC. But some individuals, just seem much more delicate than a lot of others.

Be sure he's dead before you dispose of him. They are experts at feigning death when they are upset and handled.

Mikael sorry to hear of your loss. If your looking to get another male, shoot me a PM. Also we can chat about your setup too if you have any questions.

also concerned

I know I already checked

Just received 2 leaf chameleons from same place. I noticed much more activity yesterday right after I got them yesterday. I have them in 2 separate enclosures. I notice less activity on the part of one of them today and white spots on her body. I think I'll put a call into the company.

Back
Top Bottom