Pygmy Chameleon Temperament?

Since I am likely to be purchasing 2 pygmy chameleons this weekend I wanted to know how their temperament is. I have been extremely lucky with the 3 chameleons already in my life, they are incredibly relaxed when chilling with me. So what do you pygmy chameleon owners think, are pigs any good with handling or is it best to let them be?
Thanks guys!

I don't hav experience yet but after almost 5 months of research I've come I realize thu are more of an animal to watch but hold them a little bit about every 2 weeks to check for any health problems(burns, abcesses, etc) although this might spark controversy but that's what the care sheet on fl chams had said and theirs is very long and informative so check it out also ferretinmyshoes has a lot of experience with pygs so maybe she will chime in at one point.

They are not really a chameleon that you should hold very often (unlike how some panthers/veileds will enjoy handling.) I only hold them every 2-3 weeks to give them a quick check up and thats it. I visually inspect them without any handling every day or whenever I can find them in the cage. They are very fragile so be incredibly careful when you take them out. Dont ever pull them off or force them. Either pull out the stick they are already on, or if that is not possible, gently nudge them with one hand onto your other hand or a stick. Their little legs are like toothpicks and I am super extra careful because I wouldnt want to damage one.

I don't hav experience yet but after almost 5 months of research I've come I realize thu are more of an animal to watch but hold them a little bit about every 2 weeks to check for any health problems(burns, abcesses, etc) although this might spark controversy but that's what the care sheet on fl chams had said and theirs is very long and informative so check it out also ferretinmyshoes has a lot of experience with pygs so maybe she will chime in at one point.
Thanks for chiming in! I've gone through FL's caresheet and also found it very informative, though I must have missed the part about handling only every couple of weeks. Thank you for the tip :)

They are not really a chameleon that you should hold very often (unlike how some panthers/veileds will enjoy handling.) I only hold them every 2-3 weeks to give them a quick check up and thats it. I visually inspect them without any handling every day or whenever I can find them in the cage. They are very fragile so be incredibly careful when you take them out. Dont ever pull them off or force them. Either pull out the stick they are already on, or if that is not possible, gently nudge them with one hand onto your other hand or a stick. Their little legs are like toothpicks and I am super extra careful because I wouldnt want to damage one.
Awesome thanks for clarifying what qdude suggested. I hope you don't mind but since you have experience with pygs may I send you a PM with any further questions I might have? I've done tons of research but there are always last minute questions that come to mind as the day nears.

Sure thing. I will try to help as much as I can and point you in the right direction if I cant.

Back
Top Bottom