Pygmy chameleon setup finished!

Your setup looks good. Just be careful with heat as your cage is not very deep and if you place a light on top it will surly be too hot for them.

Also, keep an eye on water building up on the bottom. I found that solid cages like that will hold water and start to develop mold which can harm them.

Your setup looks good. Just be careful with heat as your cage is not very deep and if you place a light on top it will surly be too hot for them.

Also, keep an eye on water building up on the bottom. I found that solid cages like that will hold water and start to develop mold which can harm them.

If it was bio active no mould would develop

If you have no drainage and just bio active you may be taking a chance of having too much water accumulating. Mold will then be an issue. Just be careful and keep a close eye on amount of water in the system.

Looks great. Can't have too many plants or sticks imo.
One of my temp set ups is very similar, an old fish tank with half mesh, half perspex roof. Houses a female brevicaudatus. What i have done to help with any drainage issues. Is to put a small quarter of an inch thick piece of ply, under back end of tank. This raises it up & any excess water collects at the front of the tank. I then just syphon this off with a piece of silicone tubing when required.
One piece of advice. Watch very carefully for any stress/aggression/territorial behaviour. Especially if they haven't been housed together for any length of time. I have found brev's to be extremely aggressive & territorial & have lost a couple myself, even after a few months of living together. Seemingly very happy, feeding/drinking fine one minute, then next day gone. Not lost any that are housed alone (of any species) though.
What lighting are you going to provide? Agree with NHenn, they really don't like to be too warm. Personally, i just use a 2 or 5% compact uv bulb, raised a few inches above the mesh section of roof.

Thanks for all the fast replys I am keeping an eye on water and mold I had the cage for a month and just planted it because I was waiting till I get the perfect water amount. I think ill wait for the cbb ones and let the plants grow. Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom