Pygmy Chameleon Is Finally Digging!

If I put Sharpie on it, will it go through the egg? Also, I did dry it up, its how it supposed to be, is it ok it I get some on the eggs occasionally? Also, how big do the eggs get when they are about to hatch, I was wondering that because they are about 1/4 of an Inch in diameter and probably 3/8 of an Inch long, how much bigger will they get?

Thanks,

LPR08

i wondered that too and worried if it would effect the baby but ive seen others do it and recommend it just incase they flip or u need to do something with them like dry out what u keep them in. I havnt noticed anyhting wrong physically with the ones ive hatched, but then again i havnt ever not marked the tops so i wouldnt kno if ones that hatch ACT differently than ones that have been marked or something. I got 3 that i havnt marked and they should be due soon along with 5 others that are marked due about the same time. Its ok if u wet them directly but just dont OVERLY do it.

i got some too that are maybe 2-3 weeks into incubation and theyr still pretty tiny, theyr about half the size or a bit smaller than the ones that are about to hatch. They will get pretty big compaired to how they wer laid and u should start noticing it after about a month or so.

i wondered that too and worried if it would effect the baby but ive seen others do it and recommend it just incase they flip or u need to do something with them like dry out what u keep them in. I havnt noticed anyhting wrong physically with the ones ive hatched, but then again i havnt ever not marked the tops so i wouldnt kno if ones that hatch ACT differently than ones that have been marked or something. I got 3 that i havnt marked and they should be due soon along with 5 others that are marked due about the same time. Its ok if u wet them directly but just dont OVERLY do it.

i got some too that are maybe 2-3 weeks into incubation and theyr still pretty tiny, theyr about half the size or a bit smaller than the ones that are about to hatch. They will get pretty big compaired to how they wer laid and u should start noticing it after about a month or so.

Alright, thanks. Thank you so much for the information. I know when they were layed so if thats what you mean then ya. How long does it take for them to hatch after they break open the egg?

Thanks,

LPR08

it depends on the clutch and the babies themselves. From my clutches tehre has always been one considerably faster one. From my last clutch he got out id say within like 4 maybe 5 hours the whole process from sweating to walking around. I had class on most hatching occasions so i wasnt there when the first ones completely made their way out.

Just dont start thinking about it so early on or ull go nuts =P

2408897788_37a019599b_b.jpg

almost 1 month old

So cool! I can't wait. Thanks for the information! I will probably post more questions if I get them! Thanks PNsSP!

Thanks,

LPR08

3 Week Update! Looking great! Yellow dot is going away and is very faint now! Beautiful eggs and I'm excited. New pictures next week!

Thanks,

LPR08

Back
Top Bottom