Pygmy babies hatched!! PICS!!

ndugan7

Wow that was QUICK, a few days after I find these and here they already are! I am totally unprepared so as we speak i am probably setting up a temp enclosure and stressing about feeders...are D. Hydei too big? These guys are probably going to have to wait till Monday before i can get pin heads :mad::mad: but enjoy the tiny cuteness!!

DSC00703.jpg

DSC00702.jpg

Considering how cute their parents are you know the babies are going to be adorable. Especially when they hatch from tic tacs. :)

They are probably too small for pinheads now - esp from petstores. FF's are they way to go for now - tons of them, culture, culture, culture, or plan for purchasing.

Congrats. Love the pygs.:)

thanks for all the congrats guys! I am currently looking for someone who can have melanogaster or pinheads delivered for monday, not many people ship fri or sat...

Those are just cuteness overload. I love them. Check with stores like petsmart & petco, they usually have fruit flys, and that ids what you want. They are about the only food small enough for your babies.

Those are just cuteness overload. I love them. Check with stores like petsmart & petco, they usually have fruit flys, and that ids what you want. They are about the only food small enough for your babies.

i have d. hydei cultures producing now but they are too big! :mad: i already ordered the smaller kind for monday hopefully! seriously they are the cutest things EVER!

i have d. hydei cultures producing now but they are too big! :mad: i already ordered the smaller kind for monday hopefully! seriously they are the cutest things EVER!

i am telling you those babies can only eat ff's, not not hydei or the mel -what ones either.

Wow! That's great!!!! Six eggs! Congrats. They're really cute. I'm still waiting for mine. FF's are best I've read. Have you tried giving them the hydei? That's what I currently have too. :(

Uh, hydei and melanogaster are the two most commonly sold fruit flies on the market. Hydei are about 1/8" and melanogasters are about 1/16" I've never seen anyone sell a smaller species of fruit flies?

Lucky you! I just found a clutch of my own but they didn't look good.

They can and will eat Hydei and pin heads just fine, and they are going to NEED to eat before Monday. My pyglets always eat on day 2, and will eat quite a bit for their tiny size.

They can and will eat Hydei and pin heads just fine, and they are going to NEED to eat before Monday. My pyglets always eat on day 2, and will eat quite a bit for their tiny size.

That's good news. I was worried. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom