Pygmie Chameleon Lifespan

Cherron

Does anyone have a good source of information about the lifespans of pygmie chameleons? I have only owned a trio of these. I got all three last January. They were wild caught and I got them as adults.. (or at least I believe, as they didn't get much bigger and only have shed twice since then). Since then the male and one female passed, both more than a year ago. The remaining female is still alive and very active. She recently laid one egg that hatched out very unexpectedly (since I haven't had a male in a long time) and that little guy is also thriving.

My question is, I have read that most pygmies only last a bit over a year in captivity? How old are everyone else's pygmies? Any one have any reliable info about this? Thanks!

funny to mention the egg hatching... cuz i know that some cham species the female can keep sperm alive inside of them, and when conditions are bad and there arent any males ro fertilize she can use some of the sperm stored inside of her... its pretty cool, so im guesingg that your female did that...

Back
Top Bottom