pyg update

So how are you keeping the FF's in? Did you rig up some screening so they don't come thru the grates? Would love to see nursery set ups. I have two tens and a twenty that I will probably end up using.

Rite now im usein a cricket keeper cause they are so darn small id think a 10 gallon be to big for them this small thats why im usein the cricket keeper i leave the top off and when i feed fruit flys i put a pair of tights"nylons" over the top and they cant get out, i have a little 12'cube viv i had a frog in that they will be movin into soon i just wanted them in something smaller that was easier to keep an eye on and make sure they were eating and drinking... oh an as of now im not feedin to many the lil fruitflys cause they seem to enjoy the pinheads better...

ill take pics of it today when i change the papertowel

sorry my main pc crashed today theres bad virus goin around lotta people gettin it, so i didnt get to do alot today i dont work in the mornin so ill get the pics of the cricket keeper there in for now...As for lighting, hmm tough call cause people dont agree on this so what i been doin is during the day if him home i have them on the spa under a slatted patio so the sun comes thru but its shaded also so there choice, an when there inside and sense summer will be most the time i use the same 2.0 suspened above it aways..
also i dont know how others keep them i camre up with this when they hatched out because the little viv i had i felt was still to big for em,i have the paper towel in the bottom but i also added some moss on one side to try hold the moisture alil more and also give them a place to hide in...anyways clea ill get to them pics when i wake up...

sorry my main pc crashed today theres bad virus goin around lotta people gettin it, so i didnt get to do alot today i dont work in the mornin so ill get the pics of the cricket keeper there in for now...As for lighting, hmm tough call cause people dont agree on this so what i been doin is during the day if him home i have them on the spa under a slatted patio so the sun comes thru but its shaded also so there choice, an when there inside and sense summer will be most the time i use the same 2.0 suspened above it aways..
also i dont know how others keep them i camre up with this when they hatched out because the little viv i had i felt was still to big for em,i have the paper towel in the bottom but i also added some moss on one side to try hold the moisture alil more and also give them a place to hide in...anyways clea ill get to them pics when i wake up...

Lol ok. Sorry about the crash.

I cat wait to see pics

yeah, I got mom and dad under a 2.0 linear but they are in a 18x18x24 so I was curious how to handle the smaller environ. Since I don't know if eggs have been layed yet,only mating date, I think I have some time to figure it out.

Just curious, any idea how long after mating eggs are layed? I would like to guesstimate when I should be sure to have proper feeders in house. 'course I do have flightless FF's in culture now -- guess I should just keep them going.

And as Clea requests.... I second that, as time and 'puter allows.:)

hiyas ill get on the pics here shortly, as for lighting the lol cricket keeper the lite is suspended from the bottom of a rack where it sits i have it aways away from it,not just ontop the cricketkeeper,and as for how long after matin do they lay? clea should know this he seen his doin it i think i jave seen mine just aftershes plump the first time i saw her layen them so i tik them out an the second saw her too and she laid same spot so got them out too, i had been hopein there would be some in there from the other two females that were in there but havent seen anything yet. my eggs in the incubator hatched out in 71 days not the 60 others have had...

ok heres what i came up with till they get bigger..
IMG_2066.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

IMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg

i should say that all four are doin good...

[/QUOTE]Rob...my female laid her second clutch exactly 4 weeks since her 1st clutch.[/QUOTE]

So how long after mating are the eggs laid? And is the 4 weeks beween clutches due to remating or retained sperm?

Also Rob, thanks for the pics. I take it you are using the large cricket keeper?

Rob...my female laid her second clutch exactly 4 weeks since her 1st clutch.[/QUOTE]

So how long after mating are the eggs laid? And is the 4 weeks beween clutches due to remating or retained sperm?

Also Rob, thanks for the pics. I take it you are using the large cricket keeper?[/QUOTE]

i think its 30 days ? i dont really know didnt see em doit,and im not sure if they mated again inbetween the first and second clutch i only know when she laid them an time in between the two...Yeah thats just a reg large cricket keep without the top on it..

well, thanks for the guesstimate on laying. I will start looking for disturbed soil in a couple of weeks....... and if any neonates show up earlier, I'll know she came in gravid and layed before she mated with her current guy.

Back
Top Bottom