Pyg Pen

ijmccollum

Don't know if I did it right but I hope so. I used China Doll, Aspargus Fern, Pilea, Orchid, Spider Plant, and a host of other plants I use in the the other vivs, but don't immediately recall the names.

The substrate is Bed A Beast on top of charcoal, and aquarium rock. The lighting is linear 2.0 UVB. Is situated in corner of bed chamber with diffuse natural light from North and West windows. Is glass Exoterra 18x1https://www.chameleonforums.com/images/editor/menupop.gif8x24 viv.

They come in tomorrow. I am so excited -- tee-hee--hee. Please let me know if there is anything that needs immediate attention.

Aaaaahhhhh, so excited, even Chi-Chi knows something is up -- she supervised the construction from her plant in the window. Shhh, she might even be a little jealous.:D

Attachments

• pyg1.jpg
    pyg1.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 175
  • pyg2.jpg
    pyg2.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 155
I don't know very much about the pygs but composition-wise that looks very nice! It looks like you put a lot of work into it :)

gpmo (her)

Amazing enclosure!! :D Well done

Your new chams are going to love it

Lots of pics when they arrive please ;)

Good luck with them!

Looks very nice; I like the aerial "balconies"!
My only potential concern would be the aquarium rock - the hydroton/broken clay pots/etc. that are sometimes used at the bottom of pygmy terraria are chosen in part because they're absorptive, so you may not get quite the same drainage with aquarium rock - that being said, it might not be an issue, and I certainly wouldn't mess with it now. In the worst case scenario, I'd predict you'd have some months before you'd need to do anything about that, and by then you might be ready for some redecorating anyway.
Congrats on the pygs!

The Wee-Bits arrived.

Yay! The little ones arrived this morning via FedEX. Had them sent to the office so they could be taken care of immediately. As it turns out, the FedEx guy is a reptile person as well and was excited to see what came in the box. Everyone got a guarded look and then I wisked them to their home. My son will be checking up on them for me 'till I get back home -- man this is going to be a long day.

They are absolutely adorable -- thank you LLL.:)

I will of course submit pics as they get settled in. Thanks for all the nice comments on their habitat. It used to house my Blue Dumpies -- I lost them back in Feb/Mar when I was out of town for an extended period. The hubbie did what he could but in the end, it wasn't enough. They started to stress when I 86'd Millie-Tillie-Reptar from the viv when she started laying eggs and then took a bite at my female dumpy. The mister went with her since she had been notorious for prolong sheds at her previous home. I don't know if they got too wet or not wet enough. I miss them. I still have the male's call as my ring tone. The "balconies" were one of their fav spots to bask on and spy prey from. I decided to leave them on and use them as a hanging garden. The little picket fences are from when my son was young and had to do a shadow box for school -- I thought it would be fun to use as well as utilitarian in keeping the peat pots in place.

Since I couldn't find the Hydroton -- things get lost in my house -- and needed to get the habitat ready fast, I opted for some aq gravel I had laying around. Humidity and wet soil could become a problem so I will watch it carefully. After the critters are settled I will redo at some point with the hydroton. I use it in both my Jackson's viv and it has been great!

Think I will name them Wee-Bit and Little-Bit, or something like that.

Wish you and yours all well. And for those Pyg owners out there -- :D:D:D

Ta-Da

They are just too cute! They got teenie little eyes, teenie little feet, and and a teenie lil` beard that goes beep-beep-beep.

Can you tell, I am tickled silly over these sweeties?

Attachments

• pyg1_F.jpg
    pyg1_F.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 144
  • pyg_M.jpg
    pyg_M.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 122
Back
Top Bottom